Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

12461 - 12480 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yesterday I mounted the new adjustable levers. Black levers with black adjusters. they look and feel really nice, we'll see how the anodizing holds up. I should be getting some new headlights with black housing, and hopefully some hammer grips soonish. It should all help pull together a but more of a red and black theme.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
pulled everything off the frame except the bottom rear motor mount, I need to make a tool for that

·
Registered
37 Posts
Been working on going from N bars to S clip ons. Today I took things apart and:
Replaced the N clutch and throttle cables with Motion Pro S versions,
Trimmed my R6 throttle tube to work with the S cable top mounted routing thingy,
Figured out that the S kill switch i bought had a connector with 10 pins not 8 like my N has,
Dremeled my N kill switch so the box part of the S throttle cable router fit inside the portion of the N kill switch that used to contain the throttle cables,
Patted myself on the back when that worked,
Adjusted the clutch and throttle cables,
Figured out my throttle pull cable was too tight because the engine reved at full lock,
Backed the adjustment off to fixed that and when satisfied took it for the first ride in a month :)
While cleaning up played with the throttle and realized I didn't hear the "click" at WOT which meant I backed off the throttle pull adjustment too much,
Found the sweet spot that didn't rev at full lock but still allowed WOT when straight,
Through off of this probably lost 10 pounds sweating as it was 90 degrees and ridiculously humid in my garage,
and in the end, finally posted on the "What did you do to your SV today" thread
:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Accidentally kicked the front brake fluid reservoir and broke the mounting tab off when I got to work. Gave me an excuse to order a Rizoma billet reservoir just now, though.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Accidentally kicked the front brake fluid reservoir and broke the mounting tab off when I got to work. Gave me an excuse to order a Rizoma billet reservoir just now, though.
What? Im not sure I could kick the front reservoir if i tried! I must be getting old I guess.

I rode mine to work, while wearing one of my SVR t-shirts. Its a good day.

·
Registered
847 Posts
What? Im not sure I could kick the front reservoir if i tried! I must be getting old I guess.
Same here, wtf? Do you always do a spinning jump kick, Jet Li style, over the front of your bike when you get to work or something? I must not be very imaginative, as I'm having a hard time just figuring out a scenario in which my foot would be anywhere even remotely near the reservoir lol

·
Super Moderator
8,066 Posts
Same here, wtf? Do you always do a spinning jump kick, Jet Li style, over the front of your bike when you get to work or something? I must not be very imaginative, as I'm having a hard time just figuring out a scenario in which my foot would be anywhere even remotely near the reservoir lol
if you don't know how to get off a bike, i suppose you could swing your leg forward and over the tank as your other one is on the ground. I know of nobody who would ever get off the bike like that, everyone i know swings the leg backward over the passenger seat

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
if you don't know how to get off a bike, i suppose you could swing your leg forward and over the tank as your other one is on the ground. I know of nobody who would ever get off the bike like that, everyone i know swings the leg backward over the passenger seat
Valentino rossi does sooo...lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
got most of the paint off the frame, a little better than this pic. should be done tomorrow.

it'll get powdercoat next week.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Here is a protip:

bring a small white towel with you. If you ever have to park out in the hot hot sun, just drape it over the seat so that it stays cool. You dont want to cook your boys.

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
Here is a protip:

bring a small white towel with you. If you ever have to park out in the hot hot sun, just drape it over the seat so that it stays cool. You dont want to cook your boys.
Nelson Rigg half cover works even better. It get hot enough here that the frame will leave burn marks on my legs through my jeans within a few minutes. The half cover works wonders and only takes a few seconds to go on and off.

It comes with it's own storage bag too.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Added a little clock to my gauge cluster. It's just a little 3 dollar one stuck on with Velcro. We'll see how it holds up, I just wanted something I could see while riding to give me an idea for time. If it flies off, breaks, or someone nicks it I won't have lost much. The batteries for it cost more than the unit itself so when they run out it's time to buy a new one if it lasts that long.
The black circle to the left of the bar clamps.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

12461 - 12480 of 15863 Posts