Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

12301 - 12320 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
damn jbswear that's looking sweet. i thought your bike was black?
A few years ago. I repainted it since. I'll be painting it again in the coming months. Not sure what color yet, but it'll need to go with the gold. See the dent on the right side of the tank? That's why I have to repaint it. I was thinking a dark red, but I'm not sure how that will go with the gold accents.

yeah those colors go together nice, i have a tiny brake res like yours, guess you just gotta keep an eye on it
If you think that's small, you should see my rear's reservoir...it's just a length of tube.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
That green does flow very well with the gold Brad.

Maybe you should do an Iron Man bike for your next paint job ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
Thanks!

I see two problems with painting it that red and gold...first, people might think I'm an Iron Man fanboy. Second, they might think I'm a Marine Corps fanboy.

;)
Neither of those are bad things to be called :rock:

Dark red would look very much like Corps color anyway.

Green and gold works good with Bishop Don Magic Juan's saying "green is for the money and gold is for the honeys"

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
I pretty much universally dislike gold (or copper or whatever you want to call it) on a bike... However, it looks damn good on yours. Very nicely done, but not overdone. :rock:
I figured since the forks were gold (GSXR bits), and I had yellow brake lines it would work.

Now I have to be extra careful on this site. If my wife sees that bike she just might steal it! She is a Ducks fan and loves the SV to boot. So this is a perfect combo.

Okay, she wouldn't steal it, but she would want it very badly.
I'll likely be selling it before the year is done, but it'll need new paint before then. Too bad you live so far away!

Neither of those are bad things to be called :rock:
I was under the impression he was joking with that comment.
Yup, a joke. I *am* a Marine, after all.

;D

12301 - 12320 of 15863 Posts