Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

12141 - 12160 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hacked my donkey ears off. Decided I was tired of the stock fender and my buddy was getting rid of an eliminator that came on his r6. Busted out the dremel and came up with this. Need to figure how to get rid of the place where the license plate light was with out opening up my "trunk" to the outside.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Put on a Delkevic 350mm "Stubby" slip on. Not sure how it sounds, I'll find out tomorrow lol, giving the liquid gasket 24hrs to cure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got new Pilot Powers mounted, which I am in love with. They instill sooooo much confidence. Also I chopped the stock muffler off on a whim. It sounds epic. I'm a naked sport bike that sounds like an angry Harley.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought my SV with the muffler hacked off.

I idled it into my garage and didn't fire it up again until it had a muffler. While I agree it sounds awesome (I love v-twins), stop being an idiot and put a muffler back on it. Motorcyclists have a bad enough image already, there is no reason to **** off everyone around you with your obnoxiously loud bike. I love bikes and it pisses me off to have straight piped bikes go by.

A good aftermarket exhaust gives you the nice tone without the decibels. Yosh doesn't get a lot of respect in the SV market, but I am quite happy with mine. It gives nearly the same sound as no muffler at a more manageable decibel level. In fact, I think it could be a tad bit quieter and still be alright. It is right there at the legal limit and I do feel a bit bad for my neighbors when I leave for work early in the morning.

·
Registered
337 Posts
pretty big weekend for the SV

oil change
radiator flush
passenger pegs fixed (new springs balls and plates) they wouldnt stay up
rode two up for the first time

12141 - 12160 of 15863 Posts