Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

12041 - 12060 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Cleaned all of the finger prints and dust off of it after getting it back from the shop. My SV now with new sparkplugs, 06-07 zx10r shock, front steel braided brake lines, inspected and ridden well yesterday. This leaves emulators to be put in some time over the summer, but funds are getting scarce with the June TN/NC trip looming.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Mivv exhaust came in today. Easy install. $539 gets you a slip-on and replacement mid-pipe, no cutting! Props to P.J.'s parts as they are the only U.S. distributor, and cheaper than buying direct from Mivv,s flea-bay store

·
Registered
72 Posts
Last night, completed route planning for upcoming Cincinnati trip... compliments of a better-traveled Harley-riding friend.

Today, looked at my SV with sadness, the cover saturated with rain and sleet with some snow on the ground...

To anyone in the GTA, I apologize for the weather. It's my fault for getting my bike out last weekend. I'm really sorry.

·
Registered
390 Posts
What did I DO to my SV today? Nothing.

But I decided to go with a new rear tire and get her ready to ride rather than buying a shotgun. Win!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Put some stickers on my bike:

I also painted the inside of the fly-screen. I was going to stripe that, too, but I didn't have enough leftovers after fudging one of the stripes.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Yesterday I hacked up the full M4 on the 1000 to get the can where I wanted it. After burning a little midnight Argon it's perfect.

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
I installed a baffle (donated by Jstriple) in my delkevic muffler. Thanks Js!

Also worked on orienting the right side brake lever perch for better hand position on the lever.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Got the bike raised to stock height (it was really low from po) got pre-load adjustment done, and bled rear brake so now it works as it should (it had to be pressed all the way down to activate) Bike now handles completely different, and it's great!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I didn't actually work on the SV today. But I did improve the area that I work on the SV in.

I organized my gear storage area and wired four new receptacles and six dual bulb 48" fluorescent light fixtures. I damn near need sunglasses when the switch is flipped. I'm almost hoping something on one of my bikes breaks, just so I can work on it in bright blinding light for once!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
How's that AFX helmet? My Arai XD is starting to wear out, and I need a replacement at some point.
It's good, but it won't compare to your XD. I've never owned an Arai, but having tried them on, there's just no comparison. The AFX has a lot of features for the price and really is a good helmet. However, the fit and finish aren't great (but not terrible either), which was to be expected for a helmet at this price point.

One thing that I hated at first, but now actually love is their quick release chin strap instead of the traditional D-ring. It's a breeze to put the helmet on and off, even with thick winter gloves on. However, I found that I had to wrap part of the strap with electrical tape to keep the somewhat sharp edges from pinching me if I turned my head. After wrapping it with electrical tape, it's a complete non-issue. There is also no strap holder for the additional strap that is left over, which seems like an obvious oversight to me. However, when I wrapped it with electrical tape, I also wrapped the extra strap up, so this is also a non-issue, since with the quick-release, the strap doesn't need any adjustment after you get it fit.

The airflow is good, but not quite as good as a real MX helmet. Goggles fit underneath the visor when fully closed, which is nice if I have to jump on the highway on a chilly day. I have read though that not all goggles fit under the face shield. The peak doesn't adjust down far enough IMO. I'd like to see a bit more adjustment there.

Overall, if you're on a budget, I'd say definitely get the FX-39.

·
Banned
686 Posts
Thanks. The goggles wouldn't be an issue, as I ride 90% pavement with the Dakar. I also have no issue with having to use any kind of tape to improve something. If the helmet is functional, safe, and corners weren't cut on safety materials just to make a price point, I'm sold.

I really wish HJC made a dual-sport lid with a visor, as I'd buy one untested, based on my past experiences with their products.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Finally finished wiring the dash indicator on the Vapor kit. In hindsite i probably shouldn't have ordered the dash, I rode all last week with no dummy lights and had no issues. Although it is nice to have the low fuel indicator as sometimes i get in a rush. Then rode San Francisquito canyon to work and added 35 miles to the clock.

12041 - 12060 of 15863 Posts