Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11821 - 11840 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Striped down, cleaned and rebuilt rear breaks. Was horribly filthy and some odd gunk in there. First time I have taken it apart since I got. onto the front breaks tomorrow

·
Registered
38 Posts
Checked the air filter, turns out it was dirty as hell, it's a k&n so just cleaned and lubed it up!

Also pulled off the forks to send off to pattonme tomorrow for cartridges;D

Ricor Intiminators going up for sale soon if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Installed the F3 spacer kit from Zoran (fit perfectly, of course), put the F3 wheel on, 520 48t Renthal sprocket, and finally got to put a 170/60 Pirelli Angel ST on the rear. It's so nice having that tire again. I was losing my mind riding with the BT020 (which went flat on the way to the shop) after the old Angel had a blowout.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
153 Posts
So I had time to install these StompGrip pads the other day.

When I first received it, I thought it was going to be a pretty straight forward install. Clean the tank, peel off the backing, and stick.

But it wasn't so simple. First we mocked up how the pad should be lined up. Next, I had a friend blow dry on the hottest setting to get the pad heated up. Then we started from the bottom slowly and worked our way up. I was peeling and sticking while he used the blow dryer. It took about 15-20 mins per side.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
^^^ Looks good brown eyes. I've been thinking about a set of those.

I installed a new Delkevic radiator, replaced all the coolant hoses with ZPC hoses, and replaced the fuel line with another stock line.

I also changed the oil... and then realized I didn't have any fresh oil to put in. I use Rotella T6 for everything with a motor at my house, so I always have a few gallons on hand... Except today. I now remember that the last time that I went to get more oil they were out and I had meant to stop by later and get some... Guess I forgot to.

I'll run to the store tomorrow morning and buy some Rotella. I figured I should make myself a note just in case I'm absent-minded tomorrow.

... And yes, I know, I have the pensmanship of a 3rd grader...

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
Changed the oil and filter. Pulled the starter to see why it has been weak.

Found out 2 things:
-I should have pulled the starter before refilling with oil :BangHead:
-My starter brushes are shot.

These are the times I really wish I still had a local dealer for parts, now I can't ride until replacements show up in the mail. Of course I always need parts right before the weekend :mad:

Also had to make a 10mm wrench out of some 18 gauge steel to hold the nut under the ring terminal, since a normal wrench was too thick.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
went for a ~200 mile ride yesterday, got back and dismantled my forks last night to install new internals. Then woke up today really freaking sick but didn't wanna leave everything sitting out dismantled on a table in the garage so I went and installed the new emulators, springs, spacers and oil. Took waaay longer than it should have because I was feeling like crap, was moving very slowly, and because of a couple stupid little mistakes (everything is right now).
I took a couple pics but can't be bothered to upload them now I'm back in bed.
Really tempted to take it for a test ride but It'll have to wait.

11821 - 11840 of 15863 Posts