Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11621 - 11640 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Picture this:

Without the part I used. I already have another chock in the garage I use for parking the bike. The bottom plate might get used for my idea to secure the rear of the bike. For the rest, any suggests are welcome, because right now I'm thinking it might go to the scrapyard - or more likely, the trash.

Regarding the license plate bracket. You may want to invert it, so the white lights are pointing up and towards the front of the bike. I don't know about where you ride, but in many jurisdictions, having white lights projecting rearward from any vehicle (except backing lights) is a big no-no, and easy justification for a traffic stop. You can use tin snips to take a little chunk out of your license plate to route the wires. It will end up looking like this:

By the way, I love your paddock stand. :thumbsup: I wish I would have bought one of those.
You know I was thinking with the angle that I have to put that plate at that those lights were kinds pointing straight back to much. I will defiantly flip that thanks for the idea! I have the front triple pitbull stand as well. Totally worth the cost.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Got around to that long procrastinated oil change!

Procrastinated installing the new clutch hose though. Just felt that if I'm going to take off the frame covers and saddle I'm going to get the itch to pull the tank, drop the rad and do a valve adjustment too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm starting to think I spend more time working on than riding. But it's fun...

Today was a busy day:
  • Installed new 0.85 springs and 15W fork oil
  • Swapped lower triple (properly this time)
  • Installed bar end mirror
  • Re-installed JCW Trunk, this time screwed through the bottom instead of using the quick-release plate. The first time it fell off.

·
MOTORADOR
10,781 Posts
Bummer, you planning on getting something else?

Sent from my phone while doing a wheelie

·
Registered
683 Posts
Parked her in a new spot at work! Work policies state we park in the distant reserved spaces...however, it was recently discovered that motorcycles have a policy of their own...so I exercised it today. I parked her close, could see her all day, and highly agitated the big boss by doing it.

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
Parked her in a new spot at work! Work policies state we park in the distant reserved spaces...however, it was recently discovered that motorcycles have a policy of their own...so I exercised it today. I parked her close, could see her all day, and highly agitated the big boss by doing it.
This is great! It's similar at my work because the Moto parking is right next to the front door but the regular employee parking is across the street. It drives some of the cage drivers mad.

11621 - 11640 of 15863 Posts