Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11581 - 11600 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
I chopped a 1/2" off each end of my LSL handlebars on the SV1k. Mucho like-o.

Then I road it because it was 50 degrees in January! But now it's snowing and 5 deg.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Pulled rear wheel, took off spent Bridgestone BT-023. Removed my 90deg. valve stem

Took new GRSX rear wheel,emoved tire, mounted 90 deg. stem on GSXR wheel.

Packed and shipped GSXR sprocket carrier and rear caliper hanger to Zoran at TWF for mouting GSXR rear wheel.

Clean GSXR wheel well, install Keitel reflective blue rim tape to match GSXR front wheel.

Trimmed off rubber nubs on GSXR rear wheel drive cushions in preparation for new wheel install.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Cleaned it up a bit, hadn't done as good a job as I would have liked before storing it.
A few days earlier I installed the new used fairing stay (S model). The last one was bent on the left end a bit, due to PO, and I'm kinda particular about that.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
And I hate both of you! its -17 here right now. Im not really happy about it.
When I was about 12 my family almost moved to Fargo, North Dakota. My Dad had two job offers; one in Pennsylvania and one in North Dakota. We were living in West Virginia at the time. We drove up to PA and then to ND with my Dad as he interviewed in January. It was SOOOOO damn cold in Fargo. I remember stepping out of our motel and having a hard time breathing when the cold hit me. Then the car wouldn't start because of the cold weather. So, my sister, dad, mom, and I were all carrying buckets of hot water out and pouring them on the engine to warm it up enough to start it (it eventually did). I spilled some water all over the front of my shirt as I was walking out to the car. It was hot enough that it burned a bit when I spilled it. By the time I made it out to the parking lot and dumped the water and came back to the motel room, my shirt and pants were already completely frozen. TOO DAMN COLD!

tl;dr: Fargo is ferking cold!!!

Oh, and I lubed my chain this morning in preparation for my daily commute. Then I noticed the street I live on was a sheet of ice and took the cage. I felt pretty defeated. This was the first time I've taken the cage to school since March of last year.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yesterday, warmed up the garage to working temps, and cleaned the chain and sprockets with kerosene. Another PO niggle that I hated, he like many, used grease for lube. I use the Dupont Teflon spray stuff. The chain was cool as I already had it cleaned, but the sprockets and area around them were caked in old cruddy grease. Blah! All this without a rear stand or packjack. (Fun.)

11581 - 11600 of 15863 Posts