Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11561 - 11580 of 15879 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Road tested my turn signal and windscreen.

·
MOTORADOR
10,825 Posts
Oh man, that sucks! How are you?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm OK.

My riding buddy (Ed) and I were riding to Dahlonega, Ga. to have a valve stem replace on his
Moto Guzzi today.
We left about 8:30 and got down the road to Tellico Plains, Tn. where we stopped for a bathroom break and Ed could put on his rain pants.
The light rain had started about 15 miles back up the road.
As you leave Tellico, the roads gains in elevation and gets curvy.
Well about three miles up the road I start into a left hand curve and the back end tries to pass me.
I was just along for the ride then and wound up going down on the right side.
Ed stopped behind me, and a man came out of his house which has a driveway on the right, in the curve.
The first thing the local said was " I heard you crash, I have been trying to get the highway department to do something about that curve cause it is always slick."

The only damage to me was landing on my phone in my right pocket and a small bang on my right elbow.
I am ATGATT.

·
MOTORADOR
10,825 Posts
Glad you're OK. :)

ATGATT for the win!

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
That's better than, "I been sanding that corner for the last 3 years, and finally caught one o' you crotch-rocketidy power rangers. HELEN! Fire up the sausage maker."

;D

·
MOTORADOR
10,825 Posts
Day off so I took my daughter for a ride....trip shows over 90 miles. Gotta love a good ride with company!
Nice! you are an exemplary mom. ;)

Sent from my phone while doing a wheelie

·
Registered
425 Posts
Rode it, carefully, because its 55 and sunny but there's still ice in places and then washed it cuz the hose isn't friz anymore.
Ha, don't know what's worse. Mud from the dirt road to my house or frozen puddles.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Did a short test run up and down the street with the new 520 chain and sprockets (went down 1 tooth in front). I was pushing it out of the garage with my gear on and the Constable drove by doing a security patrol. Since my SV is track only with no lights, insurance, etc, etc. I gave it a couple of minutes for the po po to leave the area. I wasn't going to be doing anything silly, but figured why draw attention.

·
MOTORADOR
10,825 Posts
Cleaned and lubed the chain.

11561 - 11580 of 15879 Posts