Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11461 - 11480 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Took a Before Ride Desnorkled My SV650 and cleaned my K&N Air filter, then took an After ride to see if i can notice a power difference.
And it may be placebo affect but it does feel quite snappier.

However its louder also, this video doesn't serve it justice its much louder in person.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I went out for a ride today since it was a nice day between all this wet weather, and lucky me i get home after the ride and
My aTRE Came in the Mail today and was on the bike within 5 minutes. (would be less but the clip was awkward to get off)

My initial thoughts were that it is MUCH louder, especially noticeable in neutral when bliping the throttle for a sound test.

After taking it for a street smash I noticed its engine braking in 1st gear and 2nd gear were slightly less then they were earlier in the day.
Also notice more Car alarms go off as i cruise through the streets which is always fun

Then as a final note, making a U TURN was the biggest improvement I noticed and is probably the easiest thing to notice after installing it, I actually could maneuver much smoother and safer through them

·
Registered
510 Posts
rattle canned my front wheel, did such a terrible job and ended up with some runs, then chipped it a bit on the brake calipers when i put the wheel back on. did white so the blue wouldn't look so out of place. bike is mega dirty.

'merica

i don't really like how the white wheel looks, probably repaint it the next time i replace the front tire. thought it would look better, maybe i'll get used to it :dontknow:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Removed chain, front sprocket, rear wheel, rear sprocket, and sprocket drum and degreased everything around the front of the swingarm. It looks like a warzone in the garage. But doing mods for 2013 track season will be worth it. 520 chain, new sprockets (14T in front), and captured wheel spacers. 4-piston front calipers are still sitting in a box waiting their turn in a week or 2.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hooked up the pigtail for my Widder electric vest ($55 from http://www.ibaestore.com/products.asp?MainCatID=2&CategoryID=48&) and rode up the coast to Trinidad, CA to buy a Christmas present for the SO. It's the first real ride since I broke my ankle and dislocated a bone in foot my dirtbiking last August. For my penance I will confess again in the hopes that it will keep others from being so stupid. It was very hot and I wore my sneakers for an "easy ride". Sure as ****, I washed out the front and slid a long ways on dirt road. Anyhow, the vest worked great in our 45-50 dampness.
PS I hate that green stuff that grows on the roads here in the winter. Kinda makes me pucker.

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
I cleaned the muddy cat footprints off of the seat, checked the tires, added some air, then went for a 80 mile ride 40* weather. Only saw one other guy on a bike.

Heated vest, Hippo Hands and heated grips FTW!!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Picked up my new seat cowl, a 1-off made by a friend of mine. Hand formed from aluminum.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Unbolted the forks, reset the height through the triples, and adjusted the clip-ons following the accident. Going to set the garage up to tear down the bike for a major service.

Near term plans, upgrade shocks and springs. Replace fork oil and set suspension up to account for my recent 55 lbs of weight loss. New tires and exhaust inbound for 2013. Gonna finally spend a bit of money on it.

M

11461 - 11480 of 15863 Posts