Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11241 - 11260 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
installed Steve's tre
fixed cable clutch play after changing levers
checked an double checked TB sensors connectors
changed air filter (put back the stock so it passes inspection)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Last night I lubed the chain in preparation for a 3-day, 6-state, 1500 mile solo trip that I contrived about 24 hours ago (about 6 hrs before departure time). I'm now camping in Southern West Virginia about 450 miles from home. Sometimes I feel as though I'm too impulsive...

If I'm not too lazy, and I take enough pictures, I'll write up a short ride report. Though... I'm about 16 hours in and haven't dropped the bike yet. A dropped bike is a staple in my ride reports.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Finally rode her!!!! After my RR pooped all over the floor I finally got a hold of d'cosse and went to his place to rewire my new to me fh008 RR.

D'cosse is a great guy and I recommend his work to anyone on two wheels!

And as fate would have it I had to ride in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle - I can't believe my iPhone can use a Motorcycle

·
Super Moderator
8,126 Posts
put ebay levers on
put s fairing on (now waiting for motionpro revolver because dumb throttle cables interfere grr)
hammered in NSR barends (probably the best barend i've ever seen)
started assembling tail, still waiting on left tail from ronayers

still left:
sort out brake lever springs (or not)
finish putting tail together
clean up S fairing wiring.
some S fairing hardware (mirror bolts, screws, etc)
find the right color s fairing to replace the napoleon blue i've got
rotors and pads and bleed (parts waiting, but not critical)

·
Registered
46 Posts
+1 on the eBay levers!
Also started S to N conversion, which will include new headlight + bracket and bar end mirrors! Can't wait!

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
...(now waiting for motionpro revolver because dumb throttle cables interfere grr)
Please let me know how this works for you. I was looking at this, but cheaped out (sort of) and just went for a full R1 housing and tube replacement. I had ruined 2 R6 tubes in my SV housing, and the R1 setup seems to be working fairly well.

Which size reel did you get? I was looking pretty hard at the cam shaped one.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Finally got around to taking off the electrical tape I used when I did the rear lighting. Now it's all pretty under seat fashioning the shrink tubing I should have just used at the start. But, eh...gave me something to do today.

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Rode to work today. First ride after getting Lulubelle home from the shop last weekend. New shoes, valve adjustments, new cam chain tensioner, and throttle body sync. So that's how the engine is supposed to feel... N I C E.

·
Super Moderator
8,126 Posts
Please let me know how this works for you. I was looking at this, but cheaped out (sort of) and just went for a full R1 housing and tube replacement. I had ruined 2 R6 tubes in my SV housing, and the R1 setup seems to be working fairly well.

Which size reel did you get? I was looking pretty hard at the cam shaped one.
i got all the reels i believe. i'm going to find out the hard way how it interacts with the stock switch housing since I cheaped out on buying theirs.

http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/product.php?productid=3953&cat=0&page=1

·
Registered
640 Posts
Almost slammed into the rear of a SUV who decided at the last minute instead of taking the left turn he/she indicated, to take a right instead, no indication what so ever! 😡😠😤

11241 - 11260 of 15863 Posts