Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11201 - 11220 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
If that's the same shifter I got, I hope you have silver boots. If not, you will - well at least where you shift. ;D

Changed the oil and filter, and cleaned and lubed the chain. I finally got sick and tired of my phone maintenance app nagging me. Also have a big ride planned for Saturday, so it was a good time.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
If that's the same shifter I got, I hope you have silver boots. If not, you will - well at least where you shift. ;D

Changed the oil and filter, and cleaned and lubed the chain. I finally got sick and tired of my phone maintenance app nagging me. Also have a big ride planned for Saturday, so it was a good time.
Haven't had an issue yet on my cortech latigo's But my leather work boots have a nice black spot from the various shift levers/bikes I rode with them on.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I replaced the gasket in the exhaust pipe just behind the rear cylinder.
This on the SV1000. Had to remove the side stand and both mufflers, unbolt the oil cooler and lower a bit. The pipe that pushes up to the rear cylinder was too long by about 3/16 of an inch, so I cut it down.
All quiet again.
Unkle Crusty

·
Registered
217 Posts
Bled my new front brakes. Alot of air in there and set up my suspension. The rear rebound screw wont move. Ill have to figure it out. So far it feels good sense its at full stiff but i want to adjust it. Tweaked the steering damper bracket i made so it fits better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
546 Posts
Today was a big day for me...

Installed my 0.95 SonicSprings (with 20w oil)
Painted the forks satin black.
Changed the bikes oil/ oil filter.
And got my Bridgestone S20 front installed.

Tomorrow will be also be the first time I'll get to feel the zx10 rear shock I installed last week. Pretty stoked!

·
Registered
27 Posts
It had been 108 days without rain here in central Oregon. Clouds moved in. Put the cover on my bike for the first time in three months.

·
Super Moderator
8,126 Posts
drilled off the head of a stripped rear MC bolt.
pulled trashed headlight and gauge brackets
removed entire tail plastics
started on N-to-S headlight harness
verified subframe is straigh (lots of tape measure wankery)
installed replacement motosliders

11201 - 11220 of 15863 Posts