Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11161 - 11180 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Last night:

-Removed yosh slip-on, chopped to about 8", fitted baffle in cap
-Painted my DIY steering stops and fitted to frame for GSXR Lower triple.
-Plasti dipped gsxr dust cap(had cracks)
-Fixed crack in GSXR front fender - Ready to paint
-primer and Light sand GSXR front wheel - Ready to paint

Tonight
-Paint front wheel: Gunmetal
-Plasti dip front fender: To match flyscreen and Belly pan
-Drill, fit and rivet exhaust cap. Mask and repaint
-Depending on part arrival(steering nut): Fit top triple, clip-ons, forks, and wire controls

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks! I had lots of extra after cutting out the side pieces, so I figured I would make a sort of matching tank protector :eek:ccasion14:
Love it. I checked the web site looking for that design, alas you handmade it, great job. You should send the company the design, I'd pay a little extra for it. Maybe it'll inspire them to do it. 🙏

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Registered
147 Posts
Did a once over to try and find my electrical issue... found the negative terminal on the battery lose... She sounds a lot better now lol

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Rode it for the first time since Nov 2011 (although I've been maintaining it and rode several times to the station to put air in the tires). I've also had dizzy spells that kept me from riding (hypertension) up until recently.

I also installed front LED turn signals -- leaving the rears stock, since I have racks and want the signals to be very noticeable from the rear.

I've been enjoying the car far too much, I think. I probably have another month of riding before I put it away for the winter.

11161 - 11180 of 15863 Posts