Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11041 - 11060 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
My first bike was yellow, it got noticed a lot, in fact someone tonight asked me where my yellow bike was while I was out, I told them I sold it, they said awe, we liked that yellow bike.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
510 Posts
washed it for the first time since may of last year and sprayed dupont teflon lube on the kickstand pivot since the kickstand was getting hard to move. now it swings super easy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah you don't see too many naked yellow bike rolling around. Just ordered some speed bleeders too, the rear brake fluid is pretty dark. Anybody know where I can get that security torx bit in person instead of online? I need to do that TPS mod.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Valve check this weekend.

BTW...hotcams aren't exactly the size that they claim. Be sure to mic them before installation. One ended up outside of the acceptable range, so off the cam came again....measure all of the "same" size shims in the set and got three different readings. All within a .01 range, but still.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah you don't see too many naked yellow bike rolling around. Just ordered some speed bleeders too, the rear brake fluid is pretty dark. Anybody know where I can get that security torx bit in person instead of online? I need to do that TPS mod.
Picked up the torx T25 bit at Lowe's. I had to make sure and find the Torx bit that had a hole in the middle for my bolt. You may check yours to make sure.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I got a set of Husky torx security bits from my local Home Depot. It was a set of ten to twelve bits that fit into a screwdriver body (standard size). It cost about $10.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Harbor Freight is your friend.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Harbor Freight can be your friend or your enemy. Check the bits for damage or manufacturing defaults. That 1 hour job can turn into a 5 hour nightmare trying to get those damaged cheesescrews out. BTW my bits are from Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Harbor Freight can be your friend or your enemy. Check the bits for damage or manufacturing defaults. That 1 hour job can turn into a 5 hour nightmare trying to get those damaged cheesescrews out. BTW my bits are from Harbor Freight.
Mmmm...cheese. I got my security torx bits from HF too. A 30 pc or so set was like $3 and they work just fine. It came in a 2 pc red rubber case. I have their $12 chain breaker as well. Definitely inspect their quality control, casting, etc.

As far as the thread is concerned, my poor bike went under the knife again. I just pulled out my thermostat housing and drilled/tapped it for my Vapor temp sensor. She made it out fine though and is now being fed new coolant and should recover quickly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I detailed the bike, lubed my chain and added reflective wheel tape to my wheels. I've also started a "new to the sv" write I'm considering sharing here on the forum to answer questions of those who have never owned a naked bike or a twin, think this would be a good addition to the forum?

·
Super Moderator
8,122 Posts
I detailed the bike, lubed my chain and added reflective wheel tape to my wheels. I've also started a "new to the sv" write I'm considering sharing here on the forum to answer questions of those who have never owned a naked bike or a twin, think this would be a good addition to the forum?
we have a bunch of faqs on the forum, that nobody ever bothers reading :lmao:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, I tried to do as many searches as I could before buying my SV, and there were questions I had that weren't answered until I took the leap and bought the bike.

So who knows, it might benefit somebody in the future.

11041 - 11060 of 15863 Posts