Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

11021 - 11040 of 15879 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
The old one was alloy. Once they get that thin and stressed they go quick at the end. Looks like the new one is steel.

Why would he offer you 1500 if he thinks its worth 3500?

·
Registered
41 Posts
He resells bikes and was trying to talk me into trading in on a Harley.. Im sure he'd put it on his lot for $3,500 and hope to get anywhere from $2,500-$3,000.00. For the condition of my bike it was very tempting.. I did drop it a few months ago and the plastics are pieced together with epoxy and it needs some bondo and paint.. I dunno my girlfriend is under the impression I will never sell my SV but who knows everything has a price. My Katana did only 4 months after I bought it.. I bought my 94 Kat 600 for $1,800 i had an offer for $2,300 from a Rutgers student I couldnt refuse it...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I swapped my rear shock for a ZX10r, to match the .90 w/15 wt I put in 2 days ago.

Bumpy country roads are still bumpy, but it feels a TON better everywhere else.

·
Super Moderator
8,384 Posts
cleaned and lubed chain. washed the wheels (they were naaaasty since it's the first time in a year i washed the front)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Finally got the GSXR front end on... now just waiting for the radiator, tires and wheels, mirrors, and headlights before she's road-ready. Oh, and started rewiring...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Mounted up a new BT-016 in the front, and installed Tech Spec tank grips.

BTW, now that Bridgestone came out with their new S20 tires, the 016's are CHEAP.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
washed the 05 for the show tomorrow.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Started it, since I can't ride it because my wrist is still broken. It's obnoxiously loud in my shed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Holy **** man! Those all look freshly sheared off. Good thing you changed it out. How did the front sprocket look?
Front sprocket was in decent condition. I think because the front was steel, while the back one was aluminum (alloy)...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got a new Bell Star helmet with the SolFX visor to replce my 7 year old HJC with tinted visor. Then I took it on the freeway for the first time and wow was the wind buffeting me. But had a blast and enjoyed the ride.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Pulled the carbs off, took them apart pretty far, cleaned everything up. Didn't manage to get it back together because I need to replace a few screws.

11021 - 11040 of 15879 Posts