Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

10981 - 11000 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
You could add a little material to the steering stop to prevent it from turning that far.

·
MOTORADOR
10,781 Posts
I had my brother and cousin perform a full wash, polish and detail service to the bikes... during labor day :naughty:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Not today, but this weekend I did ebay pazzo knockoff levers, an '04 gsxr 1000 shock, and a couple weeks ago, .90 Sonic Springs, 15wt oil, and EBC HH pads. I still need to properly set sag on both ends, and set up the new rear shock. But these few mods make it feel like a new bike! $290, plenty of relaxing wrench time in the garage, and it was totally worth it!

Coming soon should be SS brake lines, anodized bar ends (to match the new levers), and maybe I'll FINALLY FINISH my carbon 1/2 fairings. I finally have some garage space again to work.

·
Super Moderator
8,122 Posts
buddy's 1st gen:
oil change
brake bleed
starter relay
plate light bulb

mine:
rode in the rain, left outside in the rain. slowly acquiring the right amount of grime

·
Registered
560 Posts
You could add a little material to the steering stop to prevent it from turning that far.
Thnx
i just changed the angle in the MC and its good for the everyday use. New lever is more responsive and feels better than R6 stock one.

Thnx guys for your suggestions

·
Registered
789 Posts
went from the 60 profile front tire to a 70.... I can't explain it, but turn in REALLY does give me that extra "feel"... whatever "feel" really means :p

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Well, I don't want to start another "What tire should I get" thread, so I'll just ask here since it's a popular thread. I do mostly commuting with some road carving in between. I wan't something that lasts a while, grips wet and dry, and has decent feel. I'm not really worried about price, but under $400 a pair would be nice...

I'm looking at the Pilot Road 2 or 3s. Anyone have feedback? Also, with gsxr front end, what profile do most people use up front?

·
MOTORADOR
10,781 Posts
PR3, pure awesomeness.

// end of thread Jack.

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
192 Posts
Rode a good 30 miles in pouring rain and traffic this morning. To make the SV gods happy again, I bid on and won a complete '07 GSXR 600 front end along with rear wheel with good tread on both :worship: :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've heard some good things floating around them. Better than the Roadsmart line? Good tread life?
Roadsmart 2's have been an awesome tire. Between pr3s and roadsmarts your comparing apples to oranges, there's barely any difference at all between the two tires. Both have great tread life, traction and good wet handling.

I'd definitely go with a st tire over a Ss tire any day for a street bike. 99% of you will never reach the limits of a st tire anyways, so why waste money every 4k miles on the "grippiest" tire on the market?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Well, I don't want to start another "What tire should I get" thread, so I'll just ask here since it's a popular thread. I do mostly commuting with some road carving in between. I wan't something that lasts a while, grips wet and dry, and has decent feel. I'm not really worried about price, but under $400 a pair would be nice...

I'm looking at the Pilot Road 2 or 3s. Anyone have feedback? Also, with gsxr front end, what profile do most people use up front?

I'm using a PR3 70-series front (finished a PR2 a little while ago and still have a PR2 in the rear). My riding distribution is near identical to yours. I'm with off1 on this one and love the PR2/3s, they're sticky enough for my slow ass and wear incredibly well (in terms of left over rubber and maintaining their profile). I had a Road Smart last and hated the profile, it felt really flat/mushroomy compared to what I usually run (previously Pilot Powers, now Pilot Roads). I haven't looked into it, but the PP/PR2 feel much pointier compared to the Road Smart.

Front tire with about 3,000km

Rear tire with about 15,000km

As for what I did to my SV today:

Removed the unsafe cheapo integrated tail light and reinstalled the bright OEM tail light.

·
Super Moderator
8,122 Posts
Removed the unsafe cheapo integrated tail light and reinstalled the bright OEM tail light.

i need to do this. need to find good LED stick-on turn signals though (nowhere to mount stockies)

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts

Bridgestone BT-023. I have over 5K and now a track day on them and they still have a loooooong way to go.

10981 - 11000 of 15863 Posts