Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

10841 - 10860 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Today I painted my can! :lmao:

Before: (you can somewhat see it)

After: (can you tell I'm not shy about my can now?)

After putting out the funds for the new front tire and re-routed back brake line last week, the new exhaust got delayed. Now I'm not in such a hurry to get it...this came out looking really good...and after a short ride to the store, it got some compliments quick. Does me proud ;)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Put a new rear tire on, cut my old chain off, removed the sprockets, and mounted my Loobman oiler reservoir. Now, I just need to wait for my new chain and sprockets to come in the mail... Hopefully in the next day or two.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Today I painted my can! :lmao:

After putting out the funds for the new front tire and re-routed back brake line last week, the new exhaust got delayed. Now I'm not in such a hurry to get it...this came out looking really good...and after a short ride to the store, it got some compliments quick. Does me proud ;)
Very nice! What paint did you use?

I'm thinking about tearing my exhaust off from the headers down and painting them black. I hate loud pipes and although the stock can looks ugly as sin (and mine's scraped and dented to boot!), I like the relatively quiet sound it makes. I'd hate to get a new can that looks good, but ends up being too loud.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Very nice! What paint did you use?

I'm thinking about tearing my exhaust off from the headers down and painting them black. I hate loud pipes and although the stock can looks ugly as sin (and mine's scraped and dented to boot!), I like the relatively quiet sound it makes. I'd hate to get a new can that looks good, but ends up being too loud.
I used Rust-Oleum High Heat 2000F. I've used it on headers and other exhaust with great results in wear.

With the shiney ugly gone, I have new found patience in acquiring a new one. I'm really stoked how good my can looks now. :naughty:

·
Registered
284 Posts
bought a new tire but the shop put the wrong size on and they are closed today i asked for a 160/60 and got a 180/55 instead need advice
planning to call in the AM

·
Registered
161 Posts
Finished all the work after my lowside

fixed all the plastic damage by welding it all back together with a soddering iron and zipties (found that idea on here I believe)
painted every all previous blue parts white, came out very nice I think. Left the tank because of the dent on the left side that I have yet to decide how to take care of.
Chopped the muffler and painted the base flat black, left all the trim silver. had enough and painted entire exhaust black too.
painted a couple scratches on the frame and the forks with the exhaust paint, then threw on clear coat over it, nearly matches the frame black perfectly!
Bent my bars back into shape for now until I can find a replacement that I like.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mcvay like the blue and white tho...

Put my bike in the garage this morn after finding out rear brake does no braking. Believe it is pads not seated or something as I had that caliper off Friday to inspect pads. Will look at tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I installed my new chain and sprockets, SpeedoDRD, and finished installing my loobman oiler... I also broke off the bolt that fits in the gear shift arm, so now I have to wait to get parts in before I can even test ride the bike. Grrrr!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Managed to strip both ends of a cushion lever bolt trying to loosen them. Those definitely were not torqued back on to stock specs. Ordered new bolts and cutting the old ones off on Friday.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I put the clip-ons back on. (Have been running at LSL kit for over a year.) I'm trying it out again to decide if I want to use the clip-ons for my first track day next spring.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding the use of handlebars vs. clip-ons at the track?

10841 - 10860 of 15863 Posts