Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

9561 - 9580 of 15863 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
I looked at it under the cover and told her i missed her and would ride her soon.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Got Steve's TRE in the mail this week so I installed that.

Weather didn't suck for once; went for a ride and cleaned the chain.

A good day.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
took it for a ride

·
Registered
261 Posts
checked my valve clearances. installed new jets/shims. now just waiting for the rebuild kits to finish reinstalling.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
just some little things. Adjusted the rear sets. Replaced the rotor for the speed sensor. Rerouted the harness for the right hand controls since i routed it wring when putting the bike back together.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Pretty much buttoned up my GSXR front end install. Fabricated a decent aluminum mount for my Vapor gauge, painted the rear wheel black, mounted my new Ohlins rear shock and tacked the reservoir on the side of the subframe.

All that's left is rearsets and a few little details, then I'm ready for the riding season!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Added my new motion pro clutch cable, gsxr clutch perch, SVs throttle cable and housing, cleaned up my electrical stuff, remounted my front turn signals and modified my top tripe to fit my vapor. Tomorrow my gsxr master cylinder arrives.

And rev'd my engine in the garage like a mad-man pretending to ride because it I can't until my wheel spacer and levers come in.

Pictures here.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I installed a set of MotoSliders frame sliders and swingarm sliders. Gotta say, I've heard a lot of good things about Blair and it turns out they're all true. Fast on shipping and even better on follow up.

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
I've been smelling gas when I park my bike in the shop in the morning. I finally found the source: a disintegrated vacuum cap. The left one on the front cylinder, AKA total pain in the butt. The rounded end was barely hanging on. It was no more that 6 months old. :mad:

I got a single replacement at the local NAPA store; ONE 1/8" vacuum cap $1.82. Talk about a rip-off!! I decided to try a vinyl one, this time.

So, I get back to the shop and have to figure how to get the new one on. I didn't have my super long needle nose pliers at work, so I tried using some shorter ones. No dice.

I ended up using a piece of polycarbonate tubing, around 5/16" diameter, with a hole drilled in one side near the end, that held the new cap firmly. (The cap was sticking out of the tube at a 90* angle) That allowed me to reach waaaay in there to push it back onto the throttle body. It was the easiest way to get one of the caps on that I've ever tried.

I wish that someone made caps in this size made of viton. That would end the problem...

·
Registered
560 Posts
found out for sure that my battery is dead......like 200bucks in the trash for less than a year of riding.....it sux sux sux.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Installed new 8" supertrapp slip-on and figured out it was the BLUE!!! wire all along (minor issue fixed). Hopefully riding soon, getting tired of just dreaming.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

9561 - 9580 of 15863 Posts