Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

6461 - 6480 of 15875 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
JUST INSTALLED ERMAX LOWERS!! THEY LOOK AWESOME (if you like the full fairing look) Install was super easy. the quality is awesome. Just like factory but way cheaper! and I think look better. wish I knew how to put pics on here.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Valve check, plugs, air filter, pair removed, chain & sprockets, rear tire, and cut half of my M2 off

Ha, looks good.

Please tell me that took you more than just one day, cause I'll feel pretty lazy. That, plus my bar swap took me 2 months worth of weekends.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah about 3 evenings after work. I also put a gsxr shock in. The exhaust is too loud I plan on ordering the insert.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not exactly what I did, but what the guys at the local shop did for me (I am comfortable admitting to my complete lack of mechanical ability)...

Race Tech emulators, springs and new fork oil in the front
Penske 8983 in the back

Just picked it up this morning. As so many other people have noted, the upgraded suspension completely transforms the bike. I am happy today. Poor, but happy.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Closed in the belly pan on my track bodywork!!! One step closer to paint!;D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Spent 3 hours straight cleaning it!!!
took off back wheel and plastic cover for front sprocket and removed any grime that got in my way, it's ready for a nice ride tomorrow

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
test fit the USED body work that i picked up. At first i was like umm WTF but looking at some pics from last season realized i think he was racing without the belly pan and only cut the uppers for motosliders. pic's taken with crappy camera phone

first pics...not too shabby

belly pan on and it just looks like the lower was never cut for the slider, fairings are also going to move a little as my triple stand is too high and the body work was resting on it.

and the tail, figured out this kit was designed for an 03-04, and it was mounted on an 03. You can see the front doesn't line up with the frame perfect, but its close enough for my rookie season. The bolt holes underneath the tail dont line up either but i have enough repairs to do i'll glass over them and make some new ones.

now to start the repairs, i got these for pretty cheap btw.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Got it covered with bugs by putting about 250 miles on it today. I was supposed to have two appointments for work in the Bloomsburg area today and both needed to reschedule, but I still had to pick up some paperwork from a client up there. I used the excuse to get on the bike and make a day of it with my brother in law.

PA-125 and PA-339 are pretty awesome, some of the best roads I've been on in the short time I've had my SV. 125 more so than 339, but both roads are basically roller coasters up one side of a mountain, down the other, through the valley, and up and down the next mountain through the Appalachians.

Here's most of the route we did today.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=lititz,+pa&daddr=ravine,+pa+to:Molleystown+Rd+to:Shamokin,+PA+to:Centralia,+PA+to:PA-487+N/Riverhill+Dr+to:Bloomsburg,+PA+to:Dotyville+Road,+Benton,+PA+to:Bloomsburg,+PA+to:Mahanoy+City,+PA+to:N+12th+St+to:S+12th+St+to:S+12th+St+to:Colebrook+Rd+to:PA-72+S/Quentin+Rd+to:Lititz,+PA&hl=en&geocode=FYXAZAIdK6Zz-ym_yZ8ZZhjGiTHs5zjALRqaFA;FUYeawIdeyty-ylFQcxVH_nFiTGQssU9Mn2xXQ;FZBXawIdhK9x-w;Fe9jbgIdAc5v-yn3btzorl3PiTEA5BG9uZAX3A;FZ6fbgId6CJz-ynPxJT-vozFiTHDbnh_TuZ7Dw;FWRfcQIdrNdx-w;FbKqcQId3mNx-ylTCFAcf4fFiTHQZE2vrFQcBw;FUvsdAIdNjZz-ylfwnvKpXvFiTHPJQWyDasu_w;FbKqcQId3mNx-ylTCFAcf4fFiTHQZE2vrFQcBw;FSzAbgId3St2-yn7vAENTpTFiTERcNdSBJ1fyw;FdCSZwIdfL9x-w;FeJ-ZwIdN8Jx-w;FW5vZwIdr8Rx-w;FbZSZwIdVM5x-w;Fc1EZwId6thx-w;&mra=ls&via=2,5,10,11,12,13&sll=40.317117,-76.424031&sspn=0.007232,0.021136&ie=UTF8&ll=40.738933,-76.47583&spn=1.839637,5.410767&z=8

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Got it covered with bugs by putting about 250 miles on it today. I was supposed to have two appointments for work in the Bloomsburg area today and both needed to reschedule, but I still had to pick up some paperwork from a client up there. I used the excuse to get on the bike and make a day of it with my brother in law.

PA-125 and PA-339 are pretty awesome, some of the best roads I've been on in the short time I've had my SV. 125 more so than 339, but both roads are basically roller coasters up one side of a mountain, down the other, through the valley, and up and down the next mountain through the Appalachians.

Here's most of the route we did today.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=lititz,+pa&daddr=ravine,+pa+to:Molleystown+Rd+to:Shamokin,+PA+to:Centralia,+PA+to:PA-487+N/Riverhill+Dr+to:Bloomsburg,+PA+to:Dotyville+Road,+Benton,+PA+to:Bloomsburg,+PA+to:Mahanoy+City,+PA+to:N+12th+St+to:S+12th+St+to:S+12th+St+to:Colebrook+Rd+to:PA-72+S/Quentin+Rd+to:Lititz,+PA&hl=en&geocode=FYXAZAIdK6Zz-ym_yZ8ZZhjGiTHs5zjALRqaFA;FUYeawIdeyty-ylFQcxVH_nFiTGQssU9Mn2xXQ;FZBXawIdhK9x-w;Fe9jbgIdAc5v-yn3btzorl3PiTEA5BG9uZAX3A;FZ6fbgId6CJz-ynPxJT-vozFiTHDbnh_TuZ7Dw;FWRfcQIdrNdx-w;FbKqcQId3mNx-ylTCFAcf4fFiTHQZE2vrFQcBw;FUvsdAIdNjZz-ylfwnvKpXvFiTHPJQWyDasu_w;FbKqcQId3mNx-ylTCFAcf4fFiTHQZE2vrFQcBw;FSzAbgId3St2-yn7vAENTpTFiTERcNdSBJ1fyw;FdCSZwIdfL9x-w;FeJ-ZwIdN8Jx-w;FW5vZwIdr8Rx-w;FbZSZwIdVM5x-w;Fc1EZwId6thx-w;&mra=ls&via=2,5,10,11,12,13&sll=40.317117,-76.424031&sspn=0.007232,0.021136&ie=UTF8&ll=40.738933,-76.47583&spn=1.839637,5.410767&z=8
Tried to see what parts I could sale off of it. Hummmm
We were doing so well then these two in a row. ^^^ :'(

6461 - 6480 of 15875 Posts