Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

41 - 60 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Removed the airbox and put on pod filters. OMG that's a sweet sound. :thumbsup::headbang: Took it for a little ride of about 30 or 40 miles.
Yes I too am curious.

Today I got a call from MSP cycles telling me she's ready to be picked up! Just wanted to have her looked at since I haven't since I bought her. Weeee, can't wait!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Rode it 20 miles around Meeker, CO in 20-40mph winds (but 70*), then stuck it back into the cargo trailer 'cause its supposed to snow again tonight and tomorrow. Then get right back up into the 60s. Friggen global warming, this winter just won't let go.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
I got them on eBay. They're Emgo 12-55742 with a 42mm opening. I think it's the wrong size, but the rubber from the airbox (which is streamlined like a velocity stack inside) was easily removed and fits the filters just right.
Do the filters fit the inside diameter or the outside?

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Rode the 30mi commute into class. Oh I'm going to fill her up tonight after class

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Do the filters fit the inside diameter or the outside?
The base of the filter has a hole in it. The size is changed by inserting different rubber "grommets" that have different interior diameter. The SV airbox also has a similar mounting to the throttle body but the inside of the stock mounting is more streamlined. It was very easy to pull out the rubber inserts and swap them.

Hopefully this link will work.... (linky)

·
Registered
231 Posts
New Rubber! (Continental Road Attacks) Finished mounting my wheels tonight. Next on the list - SS brake lines for the front.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Baren Napolean mirrors:

^-^

41 - 60 of 15863 Posts