Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

5041 - 5060 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I know...I know. I'll have to work on that next season!
Check with your instructors on this. I watched only your first video and wasn't paying real close attention but I went back and skimmed when I saw Zokambaa's comment. It looks to me like your butt is plenty far off the seat and your upper body is a little further, which is good; I'd say move to that same position sooner before the turns and stay in it longer. Tuck your head way down (it will need to feel WAY down at first for it to be in the right spot, trust me); so many guys sit way upright. [/faux instructor]

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Check with your instructors on this. I watched only your first video and wasn't paying real close attention but I went back and skimmed when I saw Zokambaa's comment. It looks to me like your butt is plenty far off the seat and your upper body is a little further, which is good; I'd say move to that same position sooner before the turns and stay in it longer. Tuck your head way down (it will need to feel WAY down at first for it to be in the right spot, trust me); so many guys sit way upright. [/faux instructor]

I dunno the leg was out but I didn't see a whole lot of ass repositioning in the videos I looked at... perhaps it would be more if the speeds were higher... but generally I find hard corners better when I move an ass cheek off the seat .. so half the ass on the seat... but, I dunno...I've not done the track thing

I notice if I am a bit hot into a corner.. run wide if I don't the ass out more off the seat... and get the head down by the mirror.. well not really but sometimes it feels that way...

perhaps it is more the upright riding than sliding off the seat that makes it look like they weren't hanging off far enough

I'd love to take my bike to the track and not have to worry about shiddy roads and traffic so much.... but I've not got down to it yet... kind of afraid in a slide and damaging the bike.... and well trying to fit me in to biker leathers sucks... oddly enough street riding doesn't seem to cause the same feeling....

·
Registered
653 Posts
Installed the micro Viper exhaust. Sounds N.V.T.S. NUTS! Deep, loud growl with a low hum in the background. Easy install, but the flanges need to be expanded/cut to slip the pipe over. Saves major weight and looks great.

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
I did a mod to my SPI (funky) grip heaters. Unlike Symtec, SPI makes right and left sides identical which makes the right side too hot, even on low. SO, I added a .4 ohm resistor on the lead going to the right side to reduce the heat output.

Grip heaters are OK to a point, but under about 35 F, your palms and the parts of the fingers that can make good contact are warm, but anything not touching the grip are frozen. The backs of the fingers, especially the index finger and thumb are not heated and the pain you get from 40+ minutes at 32 F and below at 60 mph is incredible. This is with DL (V-Strom) handguards installed and using Cortech Scarab gloves.

Because the frigid mornings are keeping me from riding to work, I ordered a pair of Hippo Hands which get great reviews. People are able to wear non-insulated gloves when using Hippo Hands and still ride in comfort. Hippo Hands can be installed or removed in a few minutes. I can't wait to get 'em.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I did a mod to my SPI (funky) grip heaters. Unlike Symtec, SPI makes right and left sides identical which makes the right side too hot, even on low. SO, I added a .4 ohm resistor on the lead going to the right side to reduce the heat output.

Grip heaters are OK to a point, but under about 35 F, your palms and the parts of the fingers that can make good contact are warm, but anything not touching the grip are frozen. The backs of the fingers, especially the index finger and thumb are not heated and the pain you get from 40+ minutes at 32 F and below at 60 mph is incredible. This is with DL (V-Strom) handguards installed and using Cortech Scarab gloves.

Because the frigid mornings are keeping me from riding to work, I ordered a pair of Hippo Hands which get great reviews. People are able to wear non-insulated gloves when using Hippo Hands and still ride in comfort. Hippo Hands can be installed or removed in a few minutes. I can't wait to get 'em.
Gerbing makes some nice glove liners (to go along with the jacket liner, etc.). Just plug in and ride. You can regulate the temp so it's always perfect. ;D

·
Registered
38 Posts
new front brake pads, ss lines, f3 rear conversion, 520 chain kits and still on a process of welding on yoshi trc cf muffler.
time to drink beer n rest.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Went for a ride on it with my parents (they ride an 82 Goldwing GL1100 - naked model, and a 96 Suzuki Intruder 1400.

I then put it away for the winter :(

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Installed entire '07 R6 brake system (calipers, stock pads, Brembo MC, and an extremely low mileage reservoir) and Venhill brake lines. The pads got a brake fluid soaked into them so I think my braking doesn't seem that great. I'm hoping it will get better because I don't notice much difference between this and what I had on there already: SV MC, rubber lines, '04 GSXR600 calipers and stock pads.

Who wants to buy my old brake system I just took off?

5041 - 5060 of 15863 Posts