Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

4981 - 5000 of 15863 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Initiate the full frame-down strip in order to get the bike ready to paint the swingarm and frame as well as grease all the chassis bearings, and do a valve adjustment with the motor on the table. (that should be fun).

and

dp

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just to test out the bike (noticed some gasoline under the bike--overflow perhaps?), tried to start it--wanted to see if the carbs were acting funny.

Wow, no go. The bike started to turn over, then I hear a loud *clank* and it refuses to turn over.

I tried again several times, now all I hear is a quieter *clank*, followed by the lights dimming: the starter circuit is obviously charged, but the electric motor isn't moving.

*sigh* Looks like it's time to break out the tools again....
Be sure and check the crankcase for gas in the oil, if a float leaked it could
be hydra locked.???
Put the bike in gear, forced it to move forward a few feet, tried to start it again. No dice. Put the bike up for the night. Fast forward to 5 minutes ago: got on the bike, tried to start it....and it turned over!

I have no idea why....

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Initiate the full frame-down strip in order to get the bike ready to paint the swingarm and frame as well as grease all the chassis bearings, and do a valve adjustment with the motor on the table. (that should be fun).
While there get set of steering stops from DEcosse, they look better than door stops ;D
That is great race track on the wall :)

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
What?!? You don't like my doorstops? What is this DEcosse you speak of? I'm very interested.

dp
I have no problem with your door stops, good idea :). I have seen people using toilet seat bumpers in same place ;D
DEcosse is screen name for guy that has those nice stops. See front end sticky, I have set of those and they are great. You can probably attach your door stops to them if they are sentimental value to you ;D
Seriously, he has nice solution that works and looks in place.

here, found it for you http://forum.svrider.com/showpost.php?p=1675272&postcount=1004

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ran it on the dyno. All stock 5th gear 67.5 hp It is a 2006 sv650s. My seat of the pants guess was 68 hp , so I was pretty close .Now I need to do some mods over winter.

·
Registered
200 Posts
has anyone seen/used the Performance and Perfection "Miracle Mod"? i saw it in a magazine today and it just looks like heat tape put on your air box.....

·
Registered
708 Posts
if you're talking about this,... http://www.performanceandperfection.com/index.htm

looks like a bag of bologna,.. all of it down to the detailing,.. what they took some pics of dirty stuff,.. then cleaned it,.. WOOHOO
has anyone seen/used the Performance and Perfection "Miracle Mod"? i saw it in a magazine today and it just looks like heat tape put on your air box.....

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have no problem with your door stops, good idea :). I have seen people using toilet seat bumpers in same place ;D
DEcosse is screen name for guy that has those nice stops. See front end sticky, I have set of those and they are great. You can probably attach your door stops to them if they are sentimental value to you ;D
Seriously, he has nice solution that works and looks in place.

here, found it for you http://forum.svrider.com/showpost.php?p=1675272&postcount=1004
DEcosse (and Zoran) can come up with a solution for almost any problem. Trust me, he knows his stuff. I was conversing with him about doing a GSXR front end swap on my 1st gen and that is when he made the stops. Now, I just have to save $$ to do the front end swap. He can offer more technical advice than anyone I know. You won't regret reading his posts! ;D

·
Registered
200 Posts
if you're talking about this,... http://www.performanceandperfection.com/index.htm

looks like a bag of bologna,.. all of it down to the detailing,.. what they took some pics of dirty stuff,.. then cleaned it,.. WOOHOO
see thats what i was thinking, i mean i understand the idea behind it but to me it just looked like you could buy the tape and DIY. prob cheaper than $149 too :p

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
see thats what i was thinking, i mean i understand the idea behind it but to me it just looked like you could buy the tape and DIY. prob cheaper than $149 too :p
If it were that easy and inexpensive (well, at a manufacturing level) to extract significant performance gains without affecting emissions, noise, etc, wouldn't the OEM's be doing it already?

4981 - 5000 of 15863 Posts