Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

4341 - 4360 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
After applying massive amounts of painter's tape to the fuel tank to hold a 2ft piece of flat metal stock very still near the fairing to indicate my delta of movement of the headlight fairing, I stood my SV between a light pole and a massive tree in my yard, hooked a ratcheting tie-down strap to the frame on the left side and a series of similar straps to the headlight fairing subframe and ratcheted away. I was only able to tweak it back approximately a half inch and the ratchets seemed like they were at their limit. :eek: That mother is strong! I can't believe it got bent in the accident.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Installed an M4 full exhaust system w/ Titanium can. Wow. Now THAT'S how a motorcycle is supposed to sound! Good rumble without being obnoxious.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I installed my Delkevic standard exhaust yesterday evening, and rode it with the db killer in. This morning I pulled the restrictor out, blocked off the PAIR valve, removed the airbox cover, and secured the air filter in place using 2 of the airbox screws and a length of safety wire across the top. Full racebike sound, with no backfiring. No perceivable loss of power either.

Oh yeah, I also replaced the burnt out bulb above my license plate.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I won an auction on ebay for a new windscreen from Hong Kong. Paid $0.10 for it, but shipping costs $30.00. I really just want to use it for practice - I want to cut it down so it is no taller than the highest point of plastic on the fairing. If I fack it up, it's no great loss. If I somehow manage to get it right, WHOO HOO!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Put my LSL bars back on, drag bars didn't work out.
Anybody know of a set of bars that is about factory naked height but doesn't have much if any pull back and some turn down?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Finished my Easton bar install, and found that my 1900-mile clutch cable has somehow stretched too far. (I maxed both adjusters and still stall the bike hard with the lever against the grip when I click down.) Plus I realized that I cannot make my Motrax barend mirrors look good without opening the slots for the the ball ends.

Under "gonna do to my SV" I'm picking up some AL strap so that I can delete the rear grab handle. I'll never 2up the sucker anyway....off to cable shop.

Edit: The stalling was a sidestand issue....fixed now.

4341 - 4360 of 15863 Posts