Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

4141 - 4160 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
"What did Eddie do to his SV..." He rode it and shared his travels. His pictures and his love of the road. Let him do what he wants without the hassle.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
^^^ Best I've seen. Are you going to post a "How To"?
Been done,used the search that everyone bi+ches about.Found some metal gutter screens at Rona(Canadain Lowes)right width .Just had to cut the legnth to fit.Only problem is I had to buy 5 off them.Anyone in the Victorla area want a rad protector?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss171/sersooke/2009_07170002.jpg[/IMG
What I did to my SV today.Made a rad protector and a handle to make getting it off the stand easier.
Anybody got a problem with that?[/QUOTE]Are those blinkers bulbs or LED? I've been looking for some BULB ones like that.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Dear Diary,

I sat at my computer last night and looked on eBay to see if anyone bid on my ZX6 rims I'm selling that I was trying to fit onto my SV, but is too much hassle so I gave up.

Then, I went in the garage and looked at my SV and picked the Penske off of the floor so I can ship it back to Zoran to get a new hose fitted. I made this diagram of how I want the hose routed.

Then I looked at the rear F3 rim, and decided that I should take some pictures of it so I can put it up for sale. But I forgot my camera... Luckily, I found these pictures on my computer already. I also realized when I got back inside the apartment that I forgot to look at the sprocket to see the size, I'll have to do that before I try to sell it. (I think it's a 47T)

Oh, here is a pretty good picture of the rim with the sprocket carrier on. The carrier was actually a silver one off of an F2 that I spray painted with 7 coats of black and 5 coats of clear. I'm very happy with the results.

After I went back inside, I boxed up the Penske shock and taped on the UPS shipping label that I printed off of UPS.com. It was so awesomely fun to do.

Then I had a bite to eat and I left the plate out because I'm single and live alone so why the hell not.

At this point it was about 4am and I realized that I was tired and had too much to drink at Bar Louie, and also my eyes were drying out because I had my contacts in for too long, so I took them out and went to bed.

I woke up a few hours later with an upset stomach (**** jack & coke!!) so I drank a glass of water from the kitchen and noticed that I'm going to have to put these dishes in the dishwasher.

Now I'm going to go back to bed and try to take a nap before I go to the White Sox game this afternoon...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Then, I went in the garage and looked at my SV and picked the Penske off of the floor so I can ship it back to Zoran to get a new hose fitted. I made this diagram of how I want the hose routed.
So I'm guessing you want a shorter hose? The shorter hose is what is on mine and I wish that mine was a tad longer. I may just make a bracket to put it where the battey was since I already made a new bracket to move the battery up to clear my previous GSX-R shock. Having it closer so can adjust it easier while on the move is going to be great.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Got my Pilot Road 2s. Very nice tires, they just scream quality vs. my BT016s I got last year. Much better molding shows in the sidewall lettering and the 2ct that is on the edges of the tire surface. Gonna have to spoon these on ASAP!

Also picked up a set of Frogg Toggs "Bull Frogg" in bright yellow. I might get the high vis Green and give these to my wife.

·
Registered
342 Posts
No gloves, no boots. Squid!
Yup! I told my wife I should have put on my boots and gloves too. I almost bought a pair of Joe Rocket pro street glove yesterday too, but after 2 sets of Frogg Toggs (had to order a 2nd set) I decided I had spent enough.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, I installed my carbon fiber slip on about 2 weeks ago... I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPIER with it.. It sounds frickin' AWESOME..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Put on one of dubtecv2's beautiful FEs and hooked up an aTRE made by 92westshady.

Gotta love svrider members... :hug:

Oh, and I also ziptied the right side of the license plate, as the bolt and nut fell off on the road- I had to tie it with a plastic bag as I departed from my buddy's place; it must've been mixed and matched incorrectly due to all the wrenching- thankfully, the other one stayed on even though both were identical. :spank:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Moved my Penske reservoir from the left passenger peg area to under the seat. I already had a hacked up battery box and I made a new battery bracket to clear the reservoir on my 07 GSX-R 600 shock. So I decided that it was a great place to mount the reservoir after a few people on here said they liked mounting theirs in that spot. It can now be adjusted while going down the road and it looks proper too. Now if I upgrade to a 8987 reservoir this is the perfect place to put a tri-lobe adjuster knob on the high speed adjuster.

I just need to get the hose shortened and a 90 put at the inlet of the reservoir to make it that much better. The hose coming outside the subframe is the only thing I don't like about it, but I can't even tell its there while I'm on the bike.

4141 - 4160 of 15863 Posts