Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

4061 - 4080 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I started the tear down and build up of the new naked buell front end. Lots of fun. It is amazing how easy the front end came off... Three bolts and hello nakedness...

·
Registered
854 Posts
Just finished some road trip prep. Reinstalled the OE handlebar after removing the SM Type II bar. Installed MullerJD's awesome sidestand, so my bike acutally looks normal. Put the Crampbuster (super hard job on that one :) ) back on. Swapped the Motrax signals that used to be on the back with the front signals. A few pics should be up shortly in my mod thread.

Tomorrow is hopefully shock swap day. I'm going to ask this as well in the Gen 1 swap thread, but this thread gets a lot of views so I'll ask here as well. Is it possible to swap the shock w/out taking off the rear plastics? It's hard for me to tell by looking, it seems like it might be possible to do just by removing the battery/fuse box and unscrewing the front two mounting points of the undertray (especially since they get shimmed anyways).

·
Registered
469 Posts
Installed Nate's motosliders ;D
Fixed flush mount front turn signals (they were disconnected and loose wires hanging from previous owner)
Cleaned up wiring in the tail (once again, sloppy wire work from owner)
And gave her my first detailing

Now awaiting a holeshot purchase.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I went to Lowe's and bought some aluminum gutter screen to cut up and put in the vents on the lower fairings. It was fairly easy. First I removed the fairings then I had to cut some pieces to size and do a little bending to make them fit just right then used a hot glue gun to fasten them from the back side of they fairings. It made a huge improvement in how they look and the aluminum screens match the silver paint on the frame.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
kj:

Depending on what shock you put in, it is entirely possible. I swapped in my Cogent (no reservoir to worry about) without touching any of the plastics.

·
Registered
39 Posts
-Adjusted the rear brake and shift levers
-Rotated the clutch and front brake assemblies forward
-TPS(that painful ****) adjustment
-Said "bye bye" to the grab bar

FE, aTRE, CRG(LS) soon to be!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Finally put in the 636 shock that I've been carrying arou

gah, wireless keyboard difficulty ... i'll resolve this later. It's not letting me type easily at all.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Rode mine for the first time since June 30th today. Felt good to be back on the SV.

·
Chief Greeter
27,835 Posts
Rode my SV to the HB doughnut shop, then headed to Cook's Corner.

Meet up with ocmoto and We Ride peeps to ride Live Oak Canyon then head to Otega Hwy.

Pinstripe guy at Cook's Corner

At Hell's Kitchen, some people stayed here for lunch, while 5 of 7 of us went to Lake Elsinore for lunch. The other 2 headed back up Ortega.

Chazz took us to El Ray's and the food was great! It was 100 degress in the shade, lol.

2 more guys showed up to eat with us. They told us about a guy who crashed on Ortega, it was one of the 2 that headed back to Ortega as we went to eat lunch. He rode a Buell, he's okay but his bike had to be towed.

I rode back to the beach with the mom and son team, mom rides a Moto-Guzzi and the son rides a Vespa. The other guys went back to Cook's.

·
Chief Greeter
27,835 Posts
Here is a photo of KC1125R's bike.

And here is his post on ocmoto:

It WAS fun!

Note, the word WAS.

Unfortunately, for the first time in about 8 years, I went down.

Pretty sure the bike is toast. BUt I am ok. Thank god!

What happened: half of the group decided to go down the back side to Elsinore, including me.

On the way back up, I came around a corner- Mind you, a very shallow and easy corner, at about 40 MPH- my rear end got loose, I came up to correct it, and just before I saved it- Hit a pothole, which sent me end over end, into the gravel.

Thanks for those who stopped and waited for the tow truck.

It's in my insurance's hands now.

FYI- ATGATT is a GREAT rule to live by! My leather pants, jacket, riding boots and helmet are all toast!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Rode it 375 miles. Most of that was in 105 degree weather. Let me just say, that too **** hot to be riding. :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
put on my bar end mirrors and ordered an SV1K snorkle, rear seat cover and a new clutch lever(mine got...customized). Can't wait for my aTRE and FE to come in!

4061 - 4080 of 15863 Posts