Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3501 - 3520 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
had a late start today...took off around 4pm from Clovis up 168 to Shaver Lake. Almost got there too, but my fiance started getting too cold (I was in heaven in my tank top). We turned around and stopped at Sherry's Roadhouse for a drink or two. I used my phone to video my fiance getting pole-dancing lessons from a local girl from City Lights...woohoo! Then we mounted up and took Millerton Rd across to 168 (LOVE that road!!) and took Shephard to Cedar and hung out at RedZone sports bar and grill...had some more drinks and some grubbin appetizers...then went home. All in all, a great day!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks sdobbs20,
I think it looks good. I think I might have bended it around the top and bottom. And of course, I would have painted it black... :)

Chet

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
i would have bent it around the top and bottom but it only comes in that width. so i had no choice. i think the entire sheet was 36" x 6.5". i used the clips that it came with to get it snug on the bottom. and then some custom amazing awesome zip ties at the top around the bracket haha.

i thought about painting the SV symbol into it but decided not too. i like the silver with it so i'll leave it that color.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Today I droped my SV for the first time....I was putting it away and just was not paying attention...then my shift lever broke =) perfect !
How much are these ? 2005 model. any quick fix's....or suggestions...

·
Registered
904 Posts
Stalled my bike for the 1st time in 2 years pulling away from a light!
To make it even more embarrassing, I had some highschool kid that just pulled up behind me on a little Marauder 250 and saw me do it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Washed it. Removed the stupid emissions/noise compliance sticker from the left side frame. Removed the front reflectors (don't know why I didn't do that up until today). Rode it!

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Evicted a furry squatter that was trying to build his home under the pillion. Those little buggers can move fast, I was just in their yesterday when I washed it, and today the nest was almost complete. Have you ever tried to chase a mouse out from between the tail light and the plastics of a second gen? It's not easy if the mouse is stubborn. Finally popped him out with a blast of compressed air. ;D Flying mice are funny.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I had mice problems too (but thankfully they never got to the bike). Called Orkin and now I find random dead mice around the garage and attic. Disgusting little buggers.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Was able to break away for about 35 min to ride in the lovely summer weather of 53 degrees here in WI. Nice little ride though as I worked on blipping the throttle into downshifts. Later on am thinking about changing out the oil for some AMS 10-40 since the previous owner didn't get back to me on the last time it was changed and I'm at 5k right now. Who knows what else I'll get into.

By the way FLM I'm in the same boat. Dropped the bike at a stand still yesterday and broke off the shifter peg. :( If anyone has a replacement please PM me as I've had to jerry rig it for now. What do you think of these McGyver skills? :)

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Can't tell from that pic, but if the arm itself is unbroken, drill out where the old arm was pressed in, tap for 1/4-20 threads and put a shoulder bolt in there. Rubber washers for the soft part and your good to go indefinitely. Mine held up for years, until I broke it off again. Best part is, no one ever really notices it, unless they have done it themselves.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nothing today,

But yesterday after riding up to Barrie and back (from Toronto, about 1.5 hrs), installed my napolean baren mirrors, cuz naked stock mirrors are hideous, and swapped my rear seat for a blue seat cowl... the colour is a *tad* bit off, though, but only noticeable in certain types of light.

:)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Nothing today,

But yesterday after riding up to Barrie and back (from Toronto, about 1.5 hrs), installed my napolean baren mirrors, cuz naked stock mirrors are hideous, and swapped my rear seat for a blue seat cowl... the colour is a *tad* bit off, though, but only noticeable in certain types of light.

:)
Royal Distributing trip?

·
Registered
255 Posts
stared at it in the rain... at least the cover is getting cleaned off?
figures i have my dad bring it down today so i can ride it and its going to rain all day..

MEMORIAL DAY= BBQ and MOTORCYCLES and BEER... not rain and internetz and no motorcycles

3501 - 3520 of 15863 Posts