Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3481 - 3500 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Technically it was last night but my dad, my uncle that's visiting from Tennessee, and I replaced my chain and sprockets with a 16t front and stock rear kit from Sprocket Center. Purchased online Sunday, had it in my hands Thursday for $177.xx shipped.

EDIT: It dropped ~300 RPMs to ~4700 at 70mph in 6th gear. Only a small loss of acceleration (barely noticeable), but should give me 1-2 MPG (I hope!)...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Left the house under very cloudy skies and enjoyed a short 125 mile ride only to get 2 miles from the house and the cloudy became very wet. Oh well clean up time but that is why you ride it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Rode back from my cabin, then when I got back I tried out my new rapid transit recon 19 tank bag. I wish I had it 2 day's ago.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Broke my camera, so no pics. Looked at the SVS.....realized I can't do anything until I get a second triple stand...r get creative with some jack stands.... so, I took the naked out for a ride after cutting the fender off the RC51 to install a FE. BenGone1 stopped by and helped me reinforce the hugger mounting bolts! So, next will be a radiator fan replacement and special AMA approved coolant.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
rode up to a friend's lake cabin and spent the day there. just got back and cleaned her up. she was pretty filthy with bug guts. my new radiator cover that i made did it's job, quite a few things like smaller rocks were stuck in it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I used up the extra stipe of wheel reflective tape from tapeworks for the ring around the bottom of the gastank as well as around my seat cowl
I did that as well. I think it gives the bike a little something. ;D

·
Registered
246 Posts
ah, yeah, I did mine with red tape (grey sv) since I'm doing all the "trim" in red (brake lines, windscreen bolts, etc)

3481 - 3500 of 15863 Posts