Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3301 - 3320 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I had to redo my turnsignals that I installed Saturday. Why? Because I am an idiot. I didn't pay attention to the drain holes, and realized today that I had installed two of them facing up. Perfect for catching and holding just enough water to blow the bulbs. I had also apparently tightened one of the ones I installed correctly too tight and caused a short and intermittent operation.

A little re-cutting, re-soldering, re-shrink wrapping later, all is right with the world. This time, I just tightened with my fingers with healthy dollops of loctite.

BTW, shrink wrap is the greatest stuff in the world. I'm so happy those aliens had some aboard their craft when they crashed in New Mexico.

·
Chief Greeter
27,827 Posts
Rode to the HB doughnut shop, was going to go to the suzi dealer to pick up the side panel bolts and a couple of my ocmoto friends pull up.

Freddie and Tom are riding up to LB so I tagged along. As we were going we stopped by West Coast Choppers.

Then went to eat lunch. I went home, will get the bolts tomorrow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I installed a set of Heaterz heated grips running through a Fuzeblock relay/fuse assembly (I have a half hour commute and it's been in the 30's when I go to work in the morning).

Unfortunately, the Heaterz controller has a low-voltage shutoff and I guess my battery must be getting old because the shutoff trips on cold days! It kinda defeats the purpose.... and it seems crazy to replace an otherwise OK battery just to get the grip heaters working on really cold days.

The Fuzeblock is really nice!

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Just changed the oil and filter. Swore at the right driving light. Now I got the left one straightened out, the other one is acting up. :cussing:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Called the dealer on my grips I ordered last week. Said they'd be in today when I ordered and paid for them. Guy told me they weren't in yet. So, I asked if he knew when they would be. His response, "I don't know, they might be backordered or something." WTF?! How are you gonna order parts for a customer, then have no idea when they'll be in, or what the order status is? Idiots.

3301 - 3320 of 15863 Posts