Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3281 - 3300 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Finally bent, painted and installed the FE I got from dubtec2. While I was at it, I switched out the turnsignals for Motrax halogens, and painted the radiator caps. A couple of lessons learned.

1. The Motrax Indy Leads I ordered from Cycle gear are worthless. They don't match the connect on the rear of the bike, and are pinned wrong for the connectors on the front. If you are going looking to use these things to make it easier - don't.

2. Don't paint parts outside on a windy day during pollen season.

Enough words, on to the shameless photowhoring:
FE on

Rear turnsignals

Radiator caps painted

Front signals

·
Chief Greeter
27,827 Posts
Saturday I rode to Palomar with ocmoto.com and beach city riders.com guys. Met up with SVRiders from AZ and San Diego.

Meet up spot at Ortega Hwy.

Mother's Kitchen at Palomar.

SVRiders bikes from AZ and San Diego.

·
Chief Greeter
27,827 Posts
Sunday I went to the Ducati demo at their newest location in Newport Beach, CA.

Got there early.

This is the Ducati Streetfighter. The dealers don't have any yet.

Tom and me got pictures with the Ducati girls! ;D It was my idea.

Rode the Monster 1100 and the SportClassic GT 1000. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Chased down a wiring gremlin in my driving lights and squashed it. Replaced the PIAA bulbs with a pair of GE 55w H3's. We'll see if the $7 bulbs are any less vibration resistant than the $49 ones

·
Registered
101 Posts
well I installed lowering links so the wife could learn to ride and messed up one of the bolts that holds the lowering links on well then I got the links on and was having the wife check to see if she could touch the gound well as she was doing a triple axle dismount she managed to push the bike over and now I need some stock mirrors for a Gen I.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
the ol' man and i went for a ride. did about 70 miles. really enjoyed it. took all back roads and then went through a small tiny town that is practically abandoned now. definitely be a cool spot to take some photos, there's an old boarded up gas station with the pump sitting outside of it and everything. the ol' man was in a hurry though and didn't want to go back and take pictures. :/

·
Registered
260 Posts
tech-spec tank grips, cleaned/lubed my chain, oil change (no oil filter because I couldn't find my filter wrench...:( ), and put some fuel injector cleaner in there to get rid of the weird idle sputter thing I had going on...it's gone now. :) overall: success in my book. But I forgot to wash her....maybe this coming weekend

·
Registered
472 Posts
tech-spec tank grips, cleaned/lubed my chain, oil change (no oil filter because I couldn't find my filter wrench...:( ), and put some fuel injector cleaner in there to get rid of the weird idle sputter thing I had going on...it's gone now. :) overall: success in my book. But I forgot to wash her....maybe this coming weekend
Next time you cant find your wrench...hammer a screwdriver threw the filter and use that to unscrew it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Next time you cant find your wrench...hammer a screwdriver threw the filter and use that to unscrew it.
well.....see I wasn't exactly near all my tools when I changed the oil...so I couldn't really take the risk. lol If I had a hole in the oil filter and couldn't get it off, I would've just left the bike there and walk back. jaja Plus it's only have just over 4000...I figured it's not super top priority.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
just got done installing new signals. took me forever because the left hand side the wire was extremely short and i had to full part of the fairing off and whatnot. and then it turns out it won't work. hopefully it's the l.e.d.'s in the blinker itself or something. i didn't solder the wires (gun is broken) but i thought i got a really solid connection with the plastic clip things and die-electic grease...?

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
i didn't solder the wires (gun is broken) but i thought i got a really solid connection with the plastic clip things and die-electic grease...?
Ummm... Why are you applying dielectric grease to a splice? There's no reason and it can't help, it can only hurt. When you re-do them, give it a good and careful clean with brake cleaner to make sure 100% of the grease is removed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Replaced the rubber brake lines with Galfer SS lines, Put everything back together after getting my parts back from being painted, checked and oiled the chains, put air in the tires, replaced the battery and took it for the first ride of the year.

3281 - 3300 of 15863 Posts