Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Installed mesh screens on fairing vents

I think it came out pretty cool.
I like them!! Very cool.

I rode about 100 or so miles. Got caught in some heavy rain.

First time riding in the rain on the Pirrelli Diablo Rossa's and I am happy to say they work great. Now the bike is covered with dirt and crap so I will have to give it a wash in the next few days. ;D

·
Chief Greeter
27,835 Posts
Rode bike to a appliance parts store, the door latch to the dryer fell apart (plastic). Then rode to Newport Beach to the Ducati dealer where the demo truck will be this weekend. They were painting the inside, the building won't be open yet.

Will be there sunday and I'll take pictures. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iakayak81
ricor intiminators installed, changed oil, added oil and wiped oil off of half the bike(stupid disappering fill plugs)

Spears Enterprises, a few miles up 99 from you, uses them in his production class SV's. I was at Buttonwillow in March when the bike went 2.74 seconds faster with the Intiminators installed. David Raff won the race by over 17 seconds. I asked him why it worked better. He said he could brake much later and harder without bottoming. He wasn't bottoming in the turns and he had more confidence with the increased traction in the front end. Overall, the production class bike felt more stable than the open class SV with the Gixxer forks. The production bike recorded a better race lap time by over a second.

http://www.afmracing.org/downloads/results/2009/bw-0309.html

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Killed my motor on the way to work last night. Lookin at replacing some valves now.:(

·
Registered
513 Posts
All my friends were riding but I didn't have my bike so I ended up on my friends sister's Intruder 800. I have never loved my SV more. I went home and hugged her and road to work. Now its raining. :(

·
Registered
594 Posts
Got more parts in the mail today. Handlebars came today. Just waiting for my grips to come in at the HD/Buell dealer, and I can swap bars.

·
Chief Greeter
27,835 Posts
I installed the aTRE that I got from 92westshady, works great! Went to Santiago and Live Oak canyon roads, stopped by OTD and ordered side panel bolts (4) cuz 1 is stripped.

Then I ate lunch and took a couple of pictures of this:

These are 2 remaining hangers that held blimps in El Toro, 1 was torn down.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Installed new Galfer SS lines and pads on the front. Had my son do most of the work under close supervision. Huge improvement over the brakes the previous owner left me with (just got the bike two weeks ago) - it's an '03 650 naked with 11k miles, and I think it still had the original fluid in it. With that and the new Road Attacks, I'm lovin' it!.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just rode down LSD in Chicago to Montrose Harbor. Forgot my camera. Could of got some nice shots of the Skyline. Full Yosh pipe coming in the mail.

3241 - 3260 of 15863 Posts