Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

3021 - 3040 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
JollyGQ, where are some good place to eat in Merced? I'm riding up tomorrow to do stuff at MC, and want to have a good lunch before riding home. I've only been in town a few times for interviews, and haven't gone anywhere except the FF places on olive.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
JollyGQ, where are some good place to eat in Merced? I'm riding up tomorrow to do stuff at MC, and want to have a good lunch before riding home. I've only been in town a few times for interviews, and haven't gone anywhere except the FF places on olive.
Depends on what you want. Big Bubba's Bad BBQ on 18th and M has some really good food and atmosphere, plus a in-house micro-brewery. I've only had 1 so-so experience with their baby back ribs out of about 8 times. Their tri-tip salad is also good.

There's a good Thai restaurant behind the Merced Mall off of Loughborough between R and M...right across the driveway from the car wash...think it's called Thai House.

There's also a decent chinese buffet off of Olive and R (Northwest corner - Valero and 99 cent store).

Have a good trip and lunch. Lemme know how it goes. I'll be workin...thinkin about them ribs...lol.

·
Chief Greeter
27,840 Posts
Rode to the beach, stopped at the HB doughnut shop. Then I went to Santiago and Live Oak canyon roads, came back to Newport Beach and ate at "Chronic Tacos". Then I came home.

My family took me to Kabuki for sushi dinner, now we're letting our food digest so we can have cake (today is my birthday). :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Attached my GoPro wide, and rode home from work.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Depends on what you want. Big Bubba's Bad BBQ on 18th and M has some really good food and atmosphere, plus a in-house micro-brewery. I've only had 1 so-so experience with their baby back ribs out of about 8 times. Their tri-tip salad is also good.

There's a good Thai restaurant behind the Merced Mall off of Loughborough between R and M...right across the driveway from the car wash...think it's called Thai House.

There's also a decent chinese buffet off of Olive and R (Northwest corner - Valero and 99 cent store).

Have a good trip and lunch. Lemme know how it goes. I'll be workin...thinkin about them ribs...lol.
I'll prob hit up Big Bubba's, Get enough thai at home, and don't like buffets. I'll most likely be coming up once a week until school starts in August, then I'll be there Mon-Thurs.

BTW what do you do? I'm looking to make industry contacts for the advisory committee.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Rode to the beach, stopped at the HB doughnut shop. Then I went to Santiago and Live Oak canyon roads, came back to Newport Beach and ate at "Chronic Tacos". Then I came home.

My family took me to Kabuki for sushi dinner, now we're letting our food digest so we can have cake (today is my birthday). :)
Belated Happy Bday Eddiemon!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Had to post this somewhere and instead of writing a product review, I'll just say this. With the addition of tech spec (snakeskin) tank pads, I feel more 'connected' to the bike then I ever did. Ride was a lot more comfortable as i didn't have to squeeze the tank as much and my body definitely felt more in-tune with the mechanics of riding a motorcycle. I would highly recommend this mod to everyone.

·
Chief Greeter
27,840 Posts
I rode to the beach, had my HB doughnut then rode to Palos Verdes.

Pulled off the road to take this picture, the road in this area is wavy and bumpy. The sign on the left says archery range. A guy in a van unlocked the gate to go through and shoot some bow and arrow.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Rode from the east coast to the west- easier to do in scotland when the whole country's only 70 miles across ;D Then strapped my new mountain bike frame to the back and rode back. Could've done the whole trip in just over 2 hours but I took the backroads and a 30 mile diversion and it took most of the afternoon, lovely.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
i love the jokes haha!

i worked all day today. coworker is parting out his SV, and i'll be buying his power commander, k&n filter, smaller l.e.d. front blinkers, and a battery tender cord.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Arafat goes to see a psychic. Says he wants to know ahead of time the day he will die.

The psychic says she sees a Jewish holiday....

3021 - 3040 of 15863 Posts