Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

2821 - 2840 of 15863 Posts

·
Chief Greeter
27,834 Posts
I rode to the beach today. There was a beached whale at Sunset Beach yesterday but it went back out to the ocean today.

And Sunday I did a skills day class which you practice on looking through the turns, throttle control, braking and slow speed handling. It was fun!

After doing the MSF I never really practiced on anything other than ridng the bike and getting used to it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Put it up on the swingarm stand and cleaned the chain with WD and a toothbrush. Then used PJ-1 chain lube.

Had to clean the rim when I was finished since it got covered with crap.

Went to home depot and bought a longer bolt for the hole by the kickstand. I had to add a few washers so the kickstand wouldnt rub on the Sharkskinz.

Now I am have to wait till tomorrow to ride. Should be steadily getting warmer this week!!

I am excited!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put together a home-made stand with a piece of pipe and some jack stands, got the idea from this forum. Too bad they don't sell a center stand for the sv1000..

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had my new to me 2005 SV delivered to my front door. For some reason I opted out of the 60 day tags. I found out today that I won't get the title for 2-3 weeks so the SV will be sitting. I also got some Motrax bar end mirrors in the mail today! I ordered some touch up paint for a nice little scrape on the gas tank. Pondering buying a Rapid Transit Recon 19 tank bag...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, I finally was able to break down and clean the bike. I picked up the bike last year and had it serviced (I didn't have the time to do it as I was about to move and didn't have a garage). Now that riding season is about to start. Figured I would take the bike apart a little and do some cleaning.

Oil Change, Coolant Flush, Air Filter Change, overall deep cleaning inside and out.

Then I got to the Air Filter..

I think the dealership forgot to check the filter when I had it serviced last year.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nothing :(

Same boat as a few others, Stuck in KY working so I dropped it off at a local dealership to get her serviced and a new front harness 2-3 weeks ago.

Still waiting on Suzuki to deliver the front harness to the shop :(

So, Yeah. Least I can toy with the GL-1000 til then.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yea, if that's a legit pic... holy moly! I wonder what else that dealer overlooked.

-Vaughan

LOL, I wish it were a shopped photo. LOL.. Imagine my suprise when I popped that filter over. And it only further proves.. Never trust anyone but yourself. At least the oil didn't look or smell bad when it came out. I assume they changed that..

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
:eek: Are you f--king serious! I'd take that pile of sh-t right back to them, repacked in the airbox and have them "service" it again. When they pop it open, ask them why they didn't do it right the first gorram time! :angry1: Seriously, if that sh-t was all on the underneath of the filter, it can cause some serious damage to the engine if it ever got in there.

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Dropped my bike a half dozen times trying to put it on jack stands, destroyed my belly pan, swore furiously, got it somewhat stable, and went to bed.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Glad I could lighten your day.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'll have to go locate the receipt.. Not that it matters much as I have since moved and won't be going there again. Lucky enough, it was on top of the filter and not in the box itself. Lets hope the filter did it's job.. :(.

And if you need a belly pan, I have a spare 03 sitting in the basement. I am not going to use it :).

2821 - 2840 of 15863 Posts