Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

2721 - 2740 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yesterday actually...

I drove more than 550 miles round trip to pickup my 2nd SV. Exactly 1 week from selling my 1st SV. The price was worth the drive.

The new SV: 1999 naked bike converted into an S model with '01 blue fairings/tank, front end swapped with 01 GSXR1k, F3 rear wheel mod, GSXR Rear shock (probably SRAD), Full M4 system. Mechanically perfect and runs great. Just needs a good cleaning, some TLC, and finishing work to sort out a few minor issues.

I know, worthless without pix...

Plans: First and foremost, it needs a new tire and a Voltage R/R. I have a new power pilot for the front and a CBR1k R/R on their way. Clean, clean, clean, then adjust the forks up in the triple tree, switch out the low Gixxer clip-ons with TL1000s clip-ons for greater rise, swap shock with a ZX 636 shock, swap out the poorly done naked gauges (that are zip tied currently) for a set of S gauges with the proper panel, fasteners, etc. I found a set of S gauges that have almost the exact same mileage as the original naked gauges, within 500 miles, how lucky was that? Other plans may include a rear sprocket swap, because the guy put a 43 tooth rear on there, which is what the F3 originally had. I think there is enough slack in the chain to go to 44, but probably not 45.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ordered a R6 throttle tube from Ron Ayre's and ordered Pro Grip 699 grips and a Kuryakyn Universal Throttle Boss from New Enough. Should get this stuff in a couple days and put them on.:D
Good call on the R6 tube. I did the mod a couple weeks back. Super easy and nice to have a little less twist to get WFO.

·
Registered
465 Posts
chain maintenance after a UPS trex delivery

spare ignition bolts fit for the mount point on the rear swing arm :)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Went out for a nice little scouting ride. Checking my normal 90-100 mile loop. Quite a bit of gravel and some of the worst places. My favorite turns that is! Oh well, It's early yet and I shouldn't be pushing it with cold roads and after a long break from riding. Planing on going south of Canton, Ohio to get into some better road this Sunday!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just finished putting my First SV together, took it for a ride! I traded my 2001 katana 600 for a completely torn down 2003 Sv 1000s. This is my first Sv mind you. I didnt have a manual just kinda started putting it back together by looking at pictures online. And after i got it completed I found a full Manual online for free. Lets just say i was a lil tweeked about that. since i spent 3 days putting it together/to get it to run. The bike was a Theft recovery hence why it was torn down in parts. but everything was there except for the battery/starter. I couldn't figure out for the life of me that there was a stupid thing in the ignition that prevented you from starting the bike without having the correct ignition. Well she runs has a lil rattle because im still missing the fairing stay brackets. but they are on as of now! check the bike out here is a link to what she looks like.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157616047741679/

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just finished putting my First SV together, took it for a ride! I traded my 2001 katana 600 for a completely torn down 2003 Sv 1000s. This is my first Sv mind you. I didnt have a manual just kinda started putting it back together by looking at pictures online. And after i got it completed I found a full Manual online for free. Lets just say i was a lil tweeked about that. since i spent 3 days putting it together/to get it to run. The bike was a Theft recovery hence why it was torn down in parts. but everything was there except for the battery/starter. I couldn't figure out for the life of me that there was a stupid thing in the ignition that prevented you from starting the bike without having the correct ignition. Well she runs has a lil rattle because im still missing the fairing stay brackets. but they are on as of now! check the bike out here is a link to what she looks like.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157616047741679/
Thats pretty impressive. I took an entire bike apart. But that was easy :)

Check on the bolts every so often. Sv's like to shake things loose.

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Just got an 06 naked Friday of last week. Over the weekend I got the tires inflated to the correct pressure (test ride was on 14psi front and rear, scary), adjusted the chain, rolled the levers down to where I like 'em and set preload on the forks to max.

Today put on my new license plate and I cleaned the chain, lubed the lever pivots, rear brake pivot, peg pivots, shift lever pivot and clutch cable. I noticed that the clutch adjuster was very loose, so I adjusted the free play and tightened it down.

Lots of little stuff to catch up on, but the bike is immaculate.

2721 - 2740 of 15863 Posts