Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

2701 - 2720 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ordered a replacement rear brake line, because yea...it was too tight as someone stated and broke the banjo bolt off the rear caliper. So I've got a longer line and some other goodies coming next week.

Techspec offered to send me another set of tank pads so I'll give them another try. As most have stated, I too really like the extra grip. I just hope they don't slide off again. I can't say enough good things about their customer service though! Robbie was awesome via email.

-Vaughan

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Installed my Blue LEDs in my dash. The gauges are kinda a pain in the a** to get out but only took about an hour and a half to do.

Sorry for the crappy pic.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I installed my Cogent shock. It was pretty easy. I just had to improvise a tool to hold the top mount nut, while loosening and tightening the bolt. A large flat-blade screwdriver stuck diagonally into a 3/8" drive socket worked nicely. I also had to run to the interweb to convert Nm to ft-lbs, since my torque wrench doesn't have a Nm scale.

Out with the old (the two are exactly the same length, just a bad perspective on the photo):

And in with the new:

Next up, the forks. I've also got Motrax turnsignals and dubtec2's FE waiting to go on.

·
Chief Greeter
27,834 Posts
Today was the SVR Malibu ride. It was a blast! ;D

Nevenelestate set it up, for a first time meet-up with guys from 2 different forums I thought it was pretty cool. Here are the pics.

The Duc and first SV was a father and son from SoCal SV, the dad rides the SV.

The SD guys showed up, 2 out of 3 guys, sounds like it was engine trouble for 1 guy. And yes that was swiest's bobber tail on the last bike.

A couple of guys went off-roading on one turn, it will buff right out.

Had a great time riding with everybody! ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Started to mount my track plastics today. I also found out that they are made to fit as well as stock plastics are.

Mounted the front fender and tail section, which took a little grinding to fit over parts of the subframe tubing.

I also fitted the upper and lower together w/ dzus fasteners. I need the '00 GSX-R 750 windscreen I ordered in order to mount the upper.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Put new chains/sprockets on both SVs last Wed Night. Today I:

Doubled checked all sprocket nuts

Reinstalled the rear brakes

Adjusted Chains

Adjusted Clutch Cable freeplay. Here's a big shout out for RIJons clutch adjuster tool. IT ROCKS!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
replace the clutch lever (was bent from last ride) and rode it around the block to test it out. Good!

2701 - 2720 of 15863 Posts