Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

2661 - 2680 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mounted my new tires myself (at work) and took them to a MC shop to have them balanced for $10!!! The old front is the original one (22k mi!!!) and it's through the first layer of rubber in quite a few spots.

Later today I will be putting the wheels back on the bike and (hopefully) mounting my new National Cycle F-16 windscreen and DL650 handguards!!! I just got the bike last weekend so I'm getting it set up how I want it.

I put 1" raising links on the back during the week, but now I think I need to adjust the preload because it's really stiff in the back :(

·
Registered
522 Posts
Right now, I am searching for some good stands for it, since it is in storage right now.
I have a pair of pitbulls that are real nice, plus I got them on sale. They make a neat rear stand so you can lift from the side of your bike rather than the back. Makes it easier to keep the bike stable that way.

·
Registered
108 Posts
No, right now I am in Germany. Won't be back to Florida till Jan 2010. That is why I put the comment of looking for stands.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i rode it in 50 degree weather :D
and need to figure out how to get to the battery so i can add some led's i have left over from the car....at least they'll match color
Use a small hex (4mm) to pull the 2 little side panels under the front seat, this will expose 2 larger hex bolts (6mm) that actually bolt the seat on. When you pull the front seat, the battery is exposed. While you are there, you might as well put in a pigtail to a battery tender connection and snake it under the back seat so you can charge the battery without disassembling anything.
Barry

·
Registered
350 Posts
I ordered the D&D exhaust for my SV1K. and I also got a chatterbox XBi so I can listen to music and occasionally talk to the wife on trips....

·
Registered
34 Posts
well, it wasnt today but a few days ago I managed to slip (not even while riding, just putting it in storage) and i bent my bars, broke the clutch lever, and smashed the turn signal. So today I ordered new bars and levers. And thanks to another sv rider to hook me up with a new turn signal

·
Registered
358 Posts
Took off the Comp. Werkes fender eliminator and wired the signals for the hotbodies undertail. Should be done by sunday.

Fried my bolt lights, well I think they had a short in the head of the bolt that smoked all the plastic coating off the wires. Luckily I caught it before it got bad.

·
Registered
827 Posts
dropped the forks down and sent off to road&track in san anto.

what's gettin' done? racetech springs, gold valve emulators, and powdercoated fork legs. mmmmmmmm.

2661 - 2680 of 15863 Posts