Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
those white LEDS look pretty good, how bright are they compared to stock?
I think they're much brighter than stock, the pic doesn't really do it justice because there was still light coming in my garage. Plus they look cleaner than the nasty stock yellow....all IMO of course...

·
Registered
594 Posts
What did I do to my SV today? Got my license plate, FINALLY. Took the dealer 8 weeks to get me my title. Someone screwed up the paperwork and the title wasn't applied for as it should have been. But, got it straight, and I got my plate today.

While I was at the secretary of state's office, I took my state of Michigan motorcycle mechanics license test. Should get my results in about 4 weeks on that. Test is SO outdated. Questions about points and crazy carb questions. Stuff totally unrelated to the bikes of today.(for the most part)

·
Registered
71 Posts
crowbar is my friend too, might need to use that to swap out the led's :D
is there a write up on that, i need to change those to red/white. this is becoming like my car already

·
Registered
522 Posts
crowbar is my friend too, might need to use that to swap out the led's :D
is there a write up on that, i need to change those to red/white. this is becoming like my car already
Here's the thread that contains the write up and a link where to buy them. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or anyone else who has done it.
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=89147

·
Registered
69 Posts
Today was my most productive day since I bought the SV. (also first day of nice weather so she's been in storage for the past 7 months)

I FINALLY got rid of the shovel of a rear fender and installed a FE. I then installed a set of mirrors with integrated blinkers. I'm just waiting on the relay so they flash at the correct speed.

After the work... she got a bath.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Got a pretty new Ohlins shock. Now to see if I can sneak it in, without my hubby finding out that I bought it. :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
Changed my oil & filter last night.. adjusted the mount for my TOS (never liked how it was mounted after my GSXR shock install), replaced some of the mounting hardware for my alarm, and I patched a tire on the SLK (not SV related, but I used my tire patch kit I have for the bike to do the patch).

Today I got my Alaska Leather seat pad. Have to try it out on the next long trip i take.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
(yesterday)

Got closer to finishing the paint on my SV.

For those of you that aren't following my thread on the paint, here are some shots:

Is that...British Racing Green? That will look awesome on a 1st Gen.

[Start Gy Hartman voice] "I've got your plate, I've got your ASS!" [\end Gy Hartman voice]

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ordered Bar end mirrors today, man i have a spending problem on my SV
Join the club! I have more money put into it than I paid for it. It's a sickness.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Gonna have to agree on that last statement... I am constantly looking online and in magazines for ideas for more personlization that can be done to the bike.

I mean the bike is a brand new '08 and I have put 500 miles on it, and my mother just laughs cuz she doesn't understand why we would buy a bike then spend even more money on things for it...

Right now, I am searching for some good stands for it, since it is in storage right now.

2641 - 2660 of 15863 Posts