Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

2581 - 2600 of 15863 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Forgot to mention while I was taking off the filter I hit the header with my ring finger knuckle. Heard the sizzle of flesh and now have a 3/8" burn. Now The bike & I are one!!:)
Golden rule: Remove jewelery before wrenching. It'll save you a finger or two one day.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did a test run of putting my bike (and my wife's bike) on our trailer, to see (1) if they would fit, and (2) if I could secure them down tight enough. (although I still don't know how tight they should be - no movement at all? A few inches left to right? - Any opinions?

·
Registered
973 Posts
today nothing, sat and sunday i rode a good bit. amazing what an oil change and
some synthetic will do. runs smooth as silk.perfect riding weather the past week.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got my Motosliders in and put them on. No problems whatsoever.
Sized out my new Cortech saddlebags. Functional, but took a bit of moving things around. We'll see how they ride.

Looked at putting my SWMotech centerstand on, but I thought better of it until I have a set of helping hands. I'll read through the instructions a couple more times before I commit to that one.

So far so good!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yesterday....ordered new fork seals/o-rings/15w oil, and pulled/drained forks. Tonight I replaced the rear brake pads and brake line with a steel braided line. One question on the pads. The Haynes manual says to smear a copper based grease on the back of the pads, and the pins. I didn't have any, and used a small amount of gp grease. Is that a problem?

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
In an effort to balance aesthetics with visibility, instead of just chucking the gigantic reflectors on the forks and rear of the bike, I replaced them with the amber and red ones:

That I got from here: http://www.cyclepages.com/ProductGroupDisp.aspx?ProductGroupID=4601567

The amber ones screw right into the same adapter, but need to be cut down a little first.

·
Chief Greeter
27,834 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Installed aTRE and cleaned filter. I hate to do anything to my bike at work cause I have to wait to ride it but at least I got paid for it:headbang:

·
Chief Greeter
27,834 Posts
I rode to the beach, and on my way back I stopped at the Suzuki dealer and there was a Gladius there.

The black one looks nice, I sat on it and it feels really comfortable. I asked if that was the first one and the guy said yes. I asked him if the motor is any different, he says its fuel injected. Duh! And the price tag was $6800?!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Put the 5.5" Marvic magnesium wheel and my custom non-rotating caliper bracket on the SV. Removed the brake torque arm. Machined the stock chain adjuster plates to take of a bit of weight and make them look a little cooler.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Put the 5.5" Marvic magnesium wheel and my custom non-rotating caliper bracket on the SV. Removed the brake torque arm. Machined the stock chain adjuster plates to take of a bit of weight and make them look a little cooler.
Were you not tempted to change calipers while you were at it? I'll be doing much the same thing once I decide which swingarm to use, but it's an ideal opporunity to switch to a lighter caliper too...

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Were you not tempted to change calipers while you were at it? I'll be doing much the same thing once I decide which swingarm to use, but it's an ideal opporunity to switch to a lighter caliper too...
Yeah, I was thinking of getting a tiny little motocross caliper.... It's pretty much a decoration that I only use if I head off in the grass so the stock caliper is an intermediate step. I'm hoping I can just modify this bracket since I put about 3 hours of drawing and 5 hours of machining time into it.

2581 - 2600 of 15863 Posts