Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

What did I have for dinner...

2K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  r3t1awr3yd 
#1 ·
Yeah I'm about to chow down and wanted to share a pic and make you all salivate for not making this for dinner!!

If only I could add the smell to the photo my victory would be complete!!!

;D

See less See more
#6 ·
Yeah no clams, they aren't the easy to find down here nor is corn meal either. However I did add Bacobits to the side salad I'm having with the sausages. ;D

#4 ·
And when you bite into them they squirt a ton of juice all over your mouth till it drips out of the corners of your mouth and down your chin. :p

:D

#11 ·
I'd give my left testy for plate of them with some fried shrimp and scallops but I'm not sure any place in Orlando cooks them like that. I'll have to do some research and if I can find a New England eatery close by I may have to treat myself to some fresh little necks!!!!! ;D

#13 ·
Hell no the sausage were grilled to perfection over an open flame on my Baby Q100. And I sauteed the onions and peppers in a pan then thru the sausages in there to have all their juices mix together for better flavoring.

:)

#17 ·
Here's how to make a proper brautwurst.

Pour about 4 bottles of a dark beer in a large pan. I like to use Sam Adams but any dark beer will do

Slice up some peppers and onions and throw them in the beer

Bring beer to a boil or close to it and let bratwurst cook in the beer for 15-16 minutes.

Throw the brauts on the grill just long enough to brown them to your desired darkness. If the skin starts to rip, stop grilling them. The grill isn't actually used to cook the brauts since they were already cooked in the beer, just for browning.

Take brauts off the grill and put them back in the beer to keep warm.

Put a braut on a bun with some of the peppers and onions from the beer, add your choice of condiments and enjoy.

This is by FAR the best way I've found to make brauts, absolutely to die for. Just made some last night. Just make sure you get raw sausage, not precooked crap

#21 ·
First off, reg'lar sam adams is not dark. :)

But, I too use a very similar technique when cookin a large number of brats. A nice way to do it when you're havin an outdoor party or whatever is to get one of those big disposable tin pans and put it right on the grill. That way you can just toss the finished ones in there and they stay good for dammn near forever.

#39 ·
And Bend Brewery, and Rogue, and Oregon Trail, and McMenamins, and Sitka, and Rock Bottom, and the Lucky Labrador, and Laurelwood and...........;D

God I love to live here. There is a neverending supply of micros. Most towns over a few thousand have true micros, not even available outside of the restaurant.

For a real treat, try Old World Deli and Oregon Trail Brewery in downtown Corvallis. Their Wit is second to none.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.