Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Onecartel.
This is how bikes should be looking like at this point.
I think we've hit a wall in motorcycle design - a bit stale.

What a gorgeous bike.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Looks well done. Just not my cup-o-tea.

And not to start an endless brake discussion, but why not put two discs up front? I guess if it's a form over function bike.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buells had one disc up front - I don't recall the brakes being bad. Actually, quite the contrary.

·
Hall Monitor
2,739 Posts
Thank you Onecartel.
This is how bikes should be looking like at this point.
I think we've hit a wall in motorcycle design - a bit stale.

Essentially a bobber-- just remove everything that doesn't make it go. Something that's been done since at least the end of WWII. And something that can be done with the most pedestrian of motorcycles:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
And not to start an endless brake discussion, but why not put two discs up front? I guess if it's a form over function bike.
Two conventional brake disks have far more to do with heat dissipation than raw braking power. You'd be amazed at how much braking power you'd still have if you removed one of your rotors. You'd just run into brake fade a little earlier if you were REALLY pushing it and testing the limits of the braking system.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Two conventional brake disks have far more to do with heat dissipation than raw braking power. You'd be amazed at how much braking power you'd still have if you removed one of your rotors. You'd just run into brake fade a little earlier if you were REALLY pushing it and testing the limits of the braking system.
Makes sense.

·
Registered
250 Posts
also the forks will twist in heavy braking and cause subtle handling changes

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
also the forks will twist in heavy braking and cause subtle handling changes
Eh... maybe a little, but it won't really change handling at all.

The forks might twist slightly, but the only thing that matters is the direction of the front tire... so while the forks may twist, it's the handlebars that will (barely) change direction, not the tire. The tire will continue to track as it's told by the rider and the geometry of the front end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts