Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
OK, I'm actually listening to a recording of yesterday's show. Not my best, I had a bunch of distractions (people coming and going in the studio, phone calls) and too much coffee. DOH! :panic:

Here's my page on Radio Free America with a link. (yes, that's an old picture) The link for the show on the 24th was fundraiser stuff-- I wasn't even there, so not sure how or why it's there. Unfortunately, they only keep 2 week's worth available online, and there are no controls to pause or skip. Mess with it and it starts from the beginning. :BangHead:

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I have a stack of CD's sitting here that I borrowed from the station. So many groups/artists, it's hard to keep up with all of them. I mostly concentrate on stuff from Louisiana that I can use on my show. :ears:
Been a long time ago but maybe Terrance simmions zydeco band was great stuff. Maybe wrong name or misspelled

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
And for the politicaly incorrect maybe the rainmakers, an awesome 3 guy band originally known as Steve, Bob, & Rich. Worth a listen government cheese, or let my people go go

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
But do we care about what London thinks, have they experienced an out of this world Rueben sandwich, or some really fresh potent horseradish, or even some good jalapeños. They seem to be raised on bland, tasteless, and whatever the royals are doing.
Bland? Are you familiar with curry?
I am of an age that I did care greatly about what Clapton, Winwood, Beck (Jeff, not the single-named Beck from the 90s)Hendrix and the other British Blues guitarists did.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
*What ARE we to think of people who drink tea, instead of coffee, and warm beer?
Sorry that I have to day this :facepalm: but a fresh warm English beer is sooooooo much better than the pee we call beer over here.

At least our meat is way better!

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Sorry that I have to day this :facepalm: but a fresh warm English beer is sooooooo much better than the pee we call beer over here.

At least our meat is way better!
Pre Micro breweries, yes. Post Micro Breweries, not so much.

And I'M secure enough in my manhood to feel no need to talk about the quality of our meat.....

·
Greetings Program
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Listening to some music through Google Play Radio, and this track just dropped...

Wow...

I love The Glitch Mob...

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
6 years on...

I was just watching these two Dublin buskers on YouTube doing a great performance of an old Chris Isaak number:

·
Super Moderator
7,079 Posts
Hey Kiwi - ever heard of these guys - Hilltop Hoods? From your neck of the woods (Australia - I know...it's not the same...)

Some of the lyrics and images are NSFW.

Something completely different -

Catchy tune. Written and released years before the true Cosby was revealed.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey Kiwi - ever heard of these guys - Hilltop Hoods? From your neck of the woods (Australia - I know...it's not the same...)

Some of the lyrics and images are NSFW.

Something completely different -

Catchy tune. Written and released years before the true Cosby was revealed.
Very groovy! Not sure how that one slipped past me. Hip Hop not so strong down this part of the world but this is good. Cheers.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Continuing on with the Australian artist theme: Latest release from singer/songwriter Courtney Barnett

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am listening to self care by Mac Miller. Mac Miller was a great artist but sadly left us so early. I still remember when his swimming album was released I was so excited I bought its self care hoodies and room decor posters to celebrate its arrival. I still cant believe he is no more with us. In such a short span of time he made his name in the field of rap music.. Here is my favourite song of him.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts