·
Greetings Program
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Greetings Program
6,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is an awful lot of free music on both Play and Amazon (even more on Amazon with Prime account). The jazz guitar station I posted is free. I haven't checked Ofir's link, but I'm guessing it's the same.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Let me rephrase that as there is lot of free awful music available. And compressed music for downloads generally suck, so the younger generation have little clue about real music, and how it can send shivers up your spine when done well.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Joe Bonnamasa with Beth Hart

Reactions: Petre

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Nothing at the moment, but this morning the wife loaded the CD changer with Alberta Hunter, Billie Holiday and Etta James. Good stuff! :)

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Clapton is great guitarist/musician for sure, but could not hold a candle to the energy & technique released by SRV if you have seem him live, some of the you-tubes are close. After seeing him in concert it was beyond belief. BTW no drugs or alcohol at this concert.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Clapton is great guitarist/musician for sure, but could not hold a candle to the energy & technique released by SRV if you have seem him live, some of the you-tubes are close. After seeing him in concert it was beyond belief. BTW no drugs or alcohol at this concert.
I saw Stevie Ray Vaughn live twice. I won't argue against your opinion except to note that sometimes "technique" can be shown by restraint, and that while Stevie Ray was a gifted and fully-crafted musician, people never ran around London proclaiming him "god" in graffiti.
Sui cuique.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
people never ran around London proclaiming him "god" in graffiti.
Sui cuique.
Well, that IS London you are talking about.*

*What ARE we to think of people who drink tea, instead of coffee, and warm beer?

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
I have a stack of CD's sitting here that I borrowed from the station. So many groups/artists, it's hard to keep up with all of them. I mostly concentrate on stuff from Louisiana that I can use on my show. :ears:

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I saw Stevie Ray Vaughn live twice. I won't argue against your opinion except to note that sometimes "technique" can be shown by restraint, and that while Stevie Ray was a gifted and fully-crafted musician, people never ran around London proclaiming him "god" in graffiti.
Sui cuique.
But do we care about what London thinks, have they experienced an out of this world Rueben sandwich, or some really fresh potent horseradish, or even some good jalapeños. They seem to be raised on bland, tasteless, and whatever the royals are doing.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts