Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my first track day is looming on the horizon, so I'm beginning to scramble to get everything in order on my bike.

The first bit of business is framesliders. I have some (the P.O. put them on), but I have been completely unable to find out what kind they are and why they are barely functional. They mount further forward than any framesliders I've seen before, and the right slider barely sticks out past the tank. The left, on the other hand, sticks out more like a respectable frameslider would. Did I mention that instead of plastic/delrin/whatever, these are aluminum?

So I guess, my question is this: What are these? Will I need a new engine thru-bolt if I take these off and mount some to the more conventional spot on the frame? And anybody wanna trade?

Thanks in advance guys.

Here's a pic:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
I have my sliders mounted in this pos. The PO may have them switched 1 should be longer than the other . Try switching sides ans ee if it is better . I would also buy a set of delrin ones not sure if the alum ones would pass tech .

·
Registered
421 Posts
These look like a cheap set that is sold on fleebay. I'd swap to the thru bolt on frame.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
The "problem" with those is that they mount to tabs on the frame and NOT a through-bolt. The OEM accessory sliders mounted that way. The tabs *may* bend or break under stress. Sliders that mount to the engine through-bolt about 6" further back are commonly considered to be more durable. The bolt can 'stretch' to allow some give at the slider without damaging the frame. Delrin is also considered to be more slippery when sliding on asphalt. I don't know if anyone has ever tested that theory.
You may well need to replace the two engine mounting blots if you remove those sliders.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
We loves us some Moto-sliders here at SVRider.com. Nate developed them and sold them himself here for years. SVRacing parts sells them now. They bolt through the engine mounting bolt and extend far enough on each side to protect the most vulnerable (and expensive) breakable things on your SV.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm ordering th SVracing ones after my birthday haha. And yes delrin is a thermo plastic, witch compared to aluminum has a lower friction coefficient. Materials 101 my dear Watson.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks-- it's pretty loud. I'm finally getting accustomed to the sound. It's got a unique sound to it, much different than the fmf/yosh/delkevic piped sv's I've heard

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Yah, back when I was looking at exhaust videos on Youtube, the one that really got me going was the V&H. But it was the only one video and taken on a crappy flip phone. Not too many people have this on their SV, so pretty unique.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts