Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to the forum, so please don't be mad if I'm posting in the wrong area. I think this would be better in the FAQ system but I don't seem to have rights to post there yet. Anyway, here it goes...

I am a new rider and want to put sliders on my '03 SV650. It has the lower fairing added to it. Here are a few questions:

1) Can I add sliders with the fairing on, or should I take it off?
2) What are the best type of sliders? I've heard Motosliders are good, but not sure what type.

Replies and LINKS to what you are talking about would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!!!!! ;) Bekah

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
1. Depends which fairings you have. Sliders for a 'fairingless' bike are less expensive typically (unless you are going to cut the fairings to fit). It's up to you.

2. Yes, motosliders are good and have been tested by a lot of forum members. Also depends on your type of fairings.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Welcome to SVR.
You're not able to post in the FAQ section because it is the place for answers to frequently asked questions.

Yes, go with motosliders. They now offer a set for fully faired bikes.
Scroll down far enough and you'll find a forum dedicated to them!
Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to SVR.
You're not able to post in the FAQ section because it is the place for answers to frequently asked questions.
Ah, I see. One of life's mysteries answered. :)

Yes, go with motosliders. They now offer a set for fully faired bikes.
Scroll down far enough and you'll find a forum dedicated to them!
Good luck!
Excellent! I found it--thank you very much for your advice!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Nucular a member on here had made some from alum. on here somewhere for the SV650's and I just got some from him for my SV1000 and they bolt to the frame and go through the orignal hole without a crappy J-bolt design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts