Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you had a great day and went for a ride? My day started after hubby changed the oil in his Husky. Then we worked on my SV, putting on parts I've been getting the past couple of weeks. First, seat cowl, new smoke Puig windscreen, Techspec pads, and motosliders. Then out for a ride. Since this was my first ride of the season, we took it easy. Rode some nice back country roads. The only bad part was the gusty wind. Going past open fields would move me from the right side of my lane to the left side, even with tacking into the wind. A couple of times, I eased off the throttle because the gusty wind scared me. Stopped for a coffee, then rode home. Tomorrow we change the oil in my dirt bike, so we'll be ready to hit the trails as well. I know all you people in the south and out west don't quite feel our pain of winter weather. However, winters make us appreciate the nice weather even more.

·
Registered
142 Posts
ya the south sucks since they get a longer season if not all year. More snow in the forcast here (**** MN) but in about 2 weeks I hope to hit the roads. I envy the ride!

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
It was sunny and warm on Saturday, so I rode around a little and then rode to work. 'Twas right nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I put 75 miles on just toolin around yesterday, and rode to work today!! Come on spring!!!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Its been in the mid 70's since thursday... :) Not having to ride wearing three jackets is nice, plus it means more people are up for riding :). I've been taking the long way everywhere.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Well I've been riding since mid Feb, but it was a beautiful day yesterday here in SW PA. We got my wife's EX250 out and she went on her first ride of the year yesterday morning.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Jen and I went for a spin yesterday. I snapped this cool pic

Check outthat Ahole sitting on her rear wheel.....ahhhh hell.....I just realized you probably took that while stopped...I am an idjut

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
oh boy 30* out? that must be horrible.

we got 7 inches of snow last night and it got to be 15 out today! woohoo!

i can wait. i guess...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rode to work this morning 18 degrees from Arvada to Lakewood Colorado. Made the mistake of wearing summer gloves. My hands hurt so bad by the time I got to work that my stomach ached. But I'm getting more comfortable in traffic even though my bike wants to die out if I'm at all off the throttle.....carb probably needs cleaning......

Ridesyeti

1 - 13 of 13 Posts