Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't actually get on the track but I watched the other bikes on track day. I saw three SV's. One with the advanced group and two with novice group. Did anyone else happen to be there. I'd love to get started but don't know where to begin. I know you have to get full leathers and do a bunch of stuff to your bike. Thanks!

·
Registered
722 Posts
You don't HAVE to do all that stuff. You can rent the bike and gear you don't have. Of course, it gets expensive very quickly, particularly if you auger it in, but it'd get you out there. Check e-bay for leathers. I got a new Spidi suit for $300.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I do it on the cheap. If you live in Indy it's only a 40 mile ride. I ride to Putnam and am going on July 9 with NESBA. You can get there and if you are in the beginner class you just need all your lights and reflectors taped up and disconnected(pretty easy to do in 5 mins). Then if you get a set of leathers you are good to get on the track. If you do a trackday with NESBA they even offer a no-cost intro for 2 sessions where you don't even need a set of leathers to get on the track. http://www.nesba.com. They also rent leathers for $50/day. Hope this helps and may be I'll see you ou there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
One of the guys on the 99svn was a guy I work with, he might be on this board. He showed me this site ;D
2 other guys were there to from my work, one had a superhawk and the other has a 02gsxr1k
I hope to go to the mid ohio track day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts