Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down to the beach to grab some ice cream, of course I wasn't aware it was high-tide. Ended up riding through salt water up to what seemed like the front fender. I rode through with my feet on my sliders, was kinda fun, I felt like I was on a boat. Then I realized that salt+water+metal=corrosion. Ooops. After getting home , not before getting drenched by an oncoming car, I gave the ole girl a quick wash.

Is there anything else I should do to help prevent corrosion? Also, out of curiosity, o how high can the bike go through without stalling out?

Thanks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Being that I run a watercraft dealership and seen what saltwater can do, I would wash the bike again. Get some Salt-away if you can, possibly a marine store would carry it and then spray the whole bike down with some stuff also found at the marine store made by CRC. It is like a heavy WD-40.

I just live near the ocean and my bike corrodes from the salt air.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Theorectically, the bike should be fairly watertight up to the point where either the electronics would short out or have water sucked in through the airbox. It's probably not real good for it, though. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts