Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had a wonderful relaxing weekend in North Arkansas.

I went with 3 good friends:
Dave - '03 RC51
Zach - '03 SV 1000
Mike - '01 f4i
Me - '02 SV 650

We left on Friday night and made the 4hr ride from Memphis, TN to Mountain View, AR and grabbed a hotel. It was dark for the whole ride and we averaged 80-90mph on the back roads at night with RC51 Dave at the helm. It was a blast for sure...

After waking up we set out to find the holy grail of roads in AR. The road in question is 341 aka push mountain. It winds through the mountains for 40 or so miles I think. Well paved and little to no traffic. It was just amazing. They call it the "Deals Gap" of AR for a reason. We probably rode it 4-5 times before relinquishing to fatigue. We also hit most of 14 which is nice and twisty for about 50 miles.

Dave on the RC51 is a badass, nothing else to say there. Dude can just flat haul ass. The rest of us just tried to keep up. My poor SV was never out of 5th and 6th gear (redline) on the whole mountain pass to give you an idea.

Arkansas (north) ended up being beautiful. Much more so than I thought it would be. I would reccomend the ride to anybody in the area. I have been wanting to go for months now and I have to say it was well worth it.

Here are some pics without further rambling. If you need explainations of anything, let me know. I wish we could have taken action shots on a better corner, but we were tired at the end and this is where we stopped to snap a few action shots. Throughout the day it was peg dragging badassness.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is the area that I've been preaching about for the last couple years.

+1 for MO 125 - it's amazing. Also AR 123, which is east of Jasper; it has about a 5-6 mile section of very small radius switchbacks that climbs about 2500' in a few miles. I'll be up there again in about a month.

One thing you should consider next time - "How to store your bikes while you're there":

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, we considered pulling the bikes in the room, but it would have been almost impossible to get all 4 bikes in. I'd feel bad if a bike left outside got stolen while the other rides were inside all safe and cozy.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Is that the road they also call the Pig trail? For going to Fayetville? I have been on that road in my wife's car when we were dating. We went that way when wer were in college to go and visit a friend for New years eve.

When we were driving it, I said man---I want to be on a bike.

Great pics--- love the "don't use towels for toilet paper sign" Notice it did not say anything about bike cleaning!!!
Done that before!

·
Registered
830 Posts
nice ken!!
looks awesome. wish we had roads like that in MI.
we'll have to do the dragon soon! ;D

·
Registered
196 Posts
I must agree, I live about 25 minutes from Push Mtn road. If you go up hwy 14 towards Yellville i live about 4 miles on that side of Yellville. When you guys head over this way again you should make an announcement, theres a couple good ol boys i ride with that like to make a blazing fast trip through there.
Weekend after next Yellville will be holding its 55th annual Turkey Trot Festival on Friday and Saturday. You may recall it in the news several years ago, for getting in trouble with PETA for tossing live turkeys out of an air plane. Its not that big a deal they only let a few go every couple of hours and its been tradition for years. It was a lotta fun as a boy to chase and catch these birds. The food vendors are always out in full force selling turkey drumsticks, kinda barbaric looking watching grown men walking around gnawing at a turkey leg but they are so tasty.
All weekend is live music with a street dance ending the whole deal Saturday night. Its a pretty good time for anyone in the area to come check out, and we have some badass roads between here and Mtn View, not just Push Mtn road either. While i have never been to Deal's Gap I imagine this to be something like it but 13hrs closer for me. Alot of weekends there are quite a few sportbikes out there ripping through there. So if y'all make a trip this way give me a pm, i can recommend some great eating establishments and some quality lodging.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts