Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Be carefull out there guys there is alot of sand on the road!

Was out riding with a buddy on his kawi 250. we were out for about 3 hours before the accident. came around this sharp turn and the road turned into a beach. the rear wheel slid out from under me and i went down. I was doing between 15-20mph. I was wearing a leather jacket with no armor in it and landed right on my elbow, breaking it. the jacket did stop me from getting scratched to **** on the 20ft slide i took. i was wearing under armor pants ans jeans. no holes in either but my knee is still cut up, go figure! i was wearing gloves with carbon kevlar armor which took a beating and saved my hands. head never hit the ground so my helmet is unscaved. it was not a fun experiance at all lol. and ill be in a cast for 6 weeks.the bike got a little scrathced up. the left turn signal is busted and the shifter peg snapped off. should be fixed by the end of the week.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Sorry to hear about your spill. Im betting you'll get armor in your next jacket, right?

as for pics: To post pics in the forum, you need to save them as a jpeg then host them somewhere like www.photobucket.com (it's free), then copy the box under the pic that says IMG, come back here and paste it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the kind words guys. about the jacket iordered it last saturday, went down on sunday. got the jacket on tuesday. just my luck. posted the pics but theyre huge, sorry.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt more, sorry about your elbow.

Your knee is probably cut up from hitting rocks and likely has some rash from the jeans material moving around over your skin (even if it didn't wear through). Knee armor would help save you from that.

Get some frame sliders. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry to hear of your mishap. Another testament that good gear is worth it. Cheaper to sacrifice gear versus yoru body. I can attest to that on 2 occasions. At least you didn't highside- I don't recommend it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
A broken elbow is no fun at all. I shattered mine years ago, still gives me trouble once in awhile. Sorry to hear about your get off.. Heal up and get back out there.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not sure where in the states you're at, but even though the snow has melted and the sun is warming things up, it takes a good rain or two and the sweepers to really get the crap off the roads.

Bummer about the elbow, though. Fortunately the bike isn't looking bad so no insult to injury. Heal up!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im in new york on longisland. we didnt hit much sand until we got onto that one road. thanks again for the kind words guys, and sorry about the blurry pics all i had was my phone to take the pics. cant wait till i heal up and can get back on the thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts