Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was coming in to a corner at 35mph that usually is clear but i came into it and saw gravel and a big pothole couldn't save it in time. I ended up going into a cornfield. Luckily it was mud, i got tossed off, I was wearing my castle jacket, gloves, helmet, and boots. The sv slid onto its right side breaking off the front signal, scuffinf the mirror, and cracking my lower fairing. I don't have any pics but the damage isn't that bad. That was my first time down, I had an adrenaline rush went i went to pick up the bike, I couldn't focus on anything except to get the bike up and out of the field. Next time I think I'll just avoid this road because of the construction and the amount of gravel I noticed on the road, way more than last year.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That doesn't sound very fun but it's good that your bike only took minimal damage. Glad you're okay :p

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i rode it home about thirty miles after that, even hit the intersate for the last 5 miles. I rode at 75mph on the interstate it seems fine doesnt shake or wander on the road. Im fine other than being sore today, my right leg is bruised from the peg and brake pedal. I bent the main bracket for the lower fairing but im ordering and installing nates new full fairing sliders.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
It's always good to try to expect the unexpected.

Glad you weren't hurt though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
At least you are ok. Where did this happen so that anyone that may live in that area can avoid that stretch of road?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I wish my wife would go down on the way home, sheesh.

Seriously though, glad you're alright! Give the bike a very thorough once over to check for any structural tweaks. Sounds like it should be okay though, since it didn't shake/shimmy at 75mph.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just now realized how I wrote the title lol. It happened on Hwy. 78 in Wisconsin between Prarie Du Sac and Merrimac. If your from central wi you prolly rode on this stretch because of the twistys. Its also popular because it follows Lake wisconsin.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Glad you're ok to write about it. The roads are covered with sand/ash around here still from winter.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
most of our roads at least the main highways are clear, however hwy 78 was paved back in the 40's and 50's when the military needed an ammunition plant built to supply WW2 and the korean war. So the hwy is crumbling causing excess gravel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts