Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife ended up totaling the bike. I'm glad my wife is in one piece. She was wearing all her gear and just had a moment of target fixation and ended up in a ditch at about 15mph. Luckily all that happened to her was a broken collarbone, but the Gladius was not so lucky.

Bent and twisted forks
smashed plastics
broke one of my Aztec8 dual headlights and scratches galore

That's what we have insurance for anyways, but it sucks because she was so focused on riding safely and enjoying riding, so I'm not sure if her riding days are over or not.

I have found a new ride though, so all is well. 2009 Graphite Street Triple R with 1800 miles on the clock. I test drove one about a week ago and fell in love with it

It was fun while it lasted. Everyone be safe out there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
sorry to hear about the mishap! Hope your wife is well and heals quickly. My best thoughts with her.

Hope you enjoy the street triple (its high on my list for a gladius replacement in a few years as well), and hope she continues riding after her convalescence.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kind words

Btw I have some parts/accessories that were not installed on the bike at the time of the wreck that maybe of use to the Gladius owners seeing as I won't be needing them.

Oem windscreen
Oem gel seat (my wife preferred the stock torture rack for height reason)
Oem mirrors
Frame covers
-1 front sprocket not installed yet
Rizoma grips not installed yet
Oem exhaust, headlight, tailight

I'm sure there's something I'm leaving out but if anyone wants any of this stuff it's in new to very good condition so shoot me a pm if interested.

·
Registered
45 Posts
PM sent. Sorry to read about the wife. Take good care of her and help do the house work and cook her a good supper. This is from Motorcyle Grandma.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Glad your wife is alright!!!

Jacob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts