Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being torn between what bike to buy, the SV or a S3 I had to go with the Triumph. Its an 04 with 13000 miles on it and some Triumph goodies. I rode both S3 and the SV before making my desision. The SV is a great bike but there was no comparison between it and the S3. I will always have a place for the SV though and maybe one day own one of them as well. Here are some pics of Speedy. I have a set of bar end mirrors on the way and removed the silly reflectors on the front and rear. I walked out the door with it for $4880 not bad.
Enjoy!

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Very nice! Congrats, and ride safe.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Very nice. I'll trade you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
seems to me like this thread should be on T3 site eh?

no one should even try to compare the SV to the T3 (other than 'used' prices). they're different bikes, should be in different categories.

nice bike, i hope you have a good mechanic. ;)

if/when i leave the SV fam...i'm going for a SHIVER.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
seems to me like this thread should be on T3 site eh?

no one should even try to compare the SV to the T3 (other than 'used' prices). they're different bikes, should be in different categories.

nice bike, i hope you have a good mechanic. ;)

if/when i leave the SV fam...i'm going for a SHIVER.
I have always wanted an SV and a S3 but never got to ride either. When I finally did I had to go with the S3. The SV is a great bike but as you stated the S3 is in a different class. Both bike are much much better than my old 85 VF700 interceptor though. As for a mechanic my best bud is an ex Triumph mechanic and will teach me everything I need to know. From what I have heard the 955 motor is almost bullit proof lots of riders out with 75 to 100k on them and from what I have been told still running strong.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Nice bike..so when you finally got to compare the SV againts S3, explain the differences. Is the S3 chain drive..could not tell by the pictures.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Mine's faster :) Good choice though. No regrets so far. The SV was great, but so far I have no complaints, minus the cost of parts :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Quite a few S3 owners on SV Rider. ;D

Like a previous poster stated, they are different but each have their strengths.....that's why I have both. :rock:

Enjoy yers. 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts